Blair Better Be Lying About Who The Father Of Her Baby Is On 'Gossip Girl' And Here's Why!

Tue, October 11, 2011 2:46pm EDT by 48 Comments

Blair needs to forget about this Prince of Monaco madness! Her true king lies on the Upper East Side — not a French countryside.

On the Oct. 10th episode of Gossip Girl, Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) revealed the father of her baby is her fiance Prince Louis (Hugo Becker). Many Chair supporters — including myself — were hopeful the father would be Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick).  But to our surprise, the baby is Blair’s husband-to-be.  My heart is still aching from the devastating news!

The moment Blair walked into Chuck’s apartment — I was sure she was going to tell him she is pregnant with HIS baby! But instead she broke his heart — telling him she’s pregnant and the father is Prince Louis. My jaw dropped and my heart sank to the floor — as I’m sure all of yours did too, Chair fans.

Blair went on to say how she didn’t want Chuck to find out from anybody else and worry that the baby was his. Fair enough — I get that. Considering their past, it was only respectful of her to be the first one to tell him. But the most heart-wrenching part of it all was when Blair admitted she wanted it to be Chuck’s!

“There was a part of me that really wanted it to be yours,” she told Chuck, as a tear streamed down his face. She even admitted that her royal fairytale wasn’t all a bed of roses. “This fairytale is complicated,” she said to Chuck. Finally the truth — because we all know Blair still has feelings for Chuck!

It was definitely one of the most emotional Chuck and Blair scenes we’ve seen in all five seasons of Gossip Girl.

The two have had a tumultuous relationship with many ups and downs,  but it’s like Blair once said: “People don’t write sonnets about being compatible. Or novels about shared life goals and stimulating conversation. The great loves are the crazy ones. L’amour fou.”

Blair Waldorf needs to live by her own words. Her relationship with Louis is comfortable, while her relationship with Chuck is crazy –which is WHY she better be lying about Louis being the father!

There are many signs that we can hold on to which point to Blair’s dishonesty. For example, the name of the episode being “The Jewel of Denial,” the fact that we HAVEN’T actually seen the paternity test results yet, AND that Blair awkwardly hid the envelope after telling Louis.

If we know one thing true about Gossip Girl, it’s that she’s always full of surprises. There’s no way she would let us down and spill the father of Blair’s baby in episode THREE! There’s just NO WAY.

I’m still hopeful the father is Chuck and their love will reignite by the end of this season.

What do you think, Hollywoodlifers? Are you hoping Blair is lying about who the father of her baby is? Vote and sound off in your comments below.

XOXO

— Nicole Karlis

South African Accommodation

Posted at 6:34 PM on July 3, 2012

Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem along with your site in internet explorer, would test this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a large element of other people will miss your fantastic writing because of this problem.

jay

Posted at 10:52 PM on December 11, 2011

the baby is chuck.no point seeing gg if blair n chuck not together

Danielle

Posted at 11:22 PM on November 13, 2011

So what I’m thinking is that Blair isn’t lying, I mean Louis found the paternity test; so obviously he probably read it. I think he would have said something if he knew the baby wasn’t his. But my idea is, either Jack or the guy that owns Thorpe Enterprises is behind this! They both know Chuck has a weak spot for Blair. So why wouldn’t they pull a few strings to have the paternity test results faked just to make Chuck lose her.
The baby is definitely Chuck and Blair’s (:

Mmmmm

Posted at 12:03 AM on November 12, 2011

As many twist and turns there are in this show and how much pride Blair has its totally chucks baby and of it turns out its not this show will go down the drain cause those to we’re ment for eachother CHICK&BLAIR!!!!!!! All the way!!!

Arianna

Posted at 2:10 PM on November 11, 2011

IT HAS!!!! To be Louis! He’s just sooo sweet and he really love Blair! Maybe it’s easy but who said that if it’s easy is wrong… :s
Both care about each other and Blair is totally a different person when she’s with him. :(
LOUIS!!!

jaz

Posted at 5:43 PM on November 7, 2011

tht baby is totally chucks she is so lying

tiffany

Posted at 3:47 PM on November 5, 2011

PLS LET IT BE LOUIS’S!
i like him way more than chuck!

AnNie

Posted at 6:34 PM on November 3, 2011

I’m only watching Gossip Girl because of Chuck and Blairs relationship s0 its not chucks baby I’m so not watching gossip girl anymore! But I’m 100 percent! Sure it is his*

Smash

Posted at 11:32 AM on October 19, 2011

I do Believe she also is lying only because of all the hints she dropped in the episode and the Obvious title..
It would be way to easy for it to be Louis’, there’s no way she would get her Fairy tale without any drama… it is Blair and it is Gossip Girl after all.
Note in the last 2 episodes more hints have been dropped.. Louis hasn’t once not brought up the fact that Blair is full of secrets and she isn’t Blair if she didn’t have them.. Trust issues have been brought up a lot

Hannah

Posted at 8:06 PM on October 13, 2011

I do think that it’s Chuck’s baby & that Blair is lying, HOWEVER when the truth does finally come out, we can’t expect a happy ending for ‘Chair’, at least not right away! Do you really think Chuck will be happy to find out that Blair lied to him about fathering a child?! This season is going to be full to the brim with drama circulating around this storyline & I’m both excited & nervous for it. Chuck and Blair NEED to be together, but there is absolutely no way it’s going to be plain sailing. If there’s going to be a happy ending for them at all this season, I doubt it’ll be until the very VERY end! It’s going to be an intense few months for Chair fans, that’s for sure!

Ashley

Posted at 12:34 AM on October 13, 2011

@M
If the only reason she hid it is because she didn’t want Louie to know she wasn’t sure if he was the father, why didn’t she get rid of it?? Just shred it an throw it away, done. She wouldn’t be lying about it being his, so why keep the letter?

Also, when Blair opens the letter the look on her face seems like shock to me. I think it’s definitely Chuck’s.

Justine

Posted at 9:52 AM on October 12, 2011

This is Gossip girl and here everything is complicated so that would be too easy if Louis’s the father. I’m sure the truth will go out very soon ;D

lauren

Posted at 4:52 AM on October 12, 2011

I like both chuck and the prince, but I do think its chucks and I hope its really chucks. I’m not sure I believe what blair said. You make some pretty decent points. The fact we didn’t see what the test said with our own two eyes being the main one for me. That and the fact its only episode 3, seems pretty quick to find out. They usually draw it out and what not.

Lia

Posted at 2:28 AM on October 12, 2011

she was lying! i so hope its chucks <3

Celine

Posted at 11:54 PM on October 11, 2011

Oh come on she was totally lying! She has gone insane, independently of Chuck’s mistakes or whether as a fan you like Chuck and his relationship with Blair or not this is inexcusable! I’m so mad with her right now!

M

Posted at 11:14 PM on October 11, 2011

Can i just point out the reason she hid the envelope “awkwardly” isn’t necessarily because she’s lying but more to do with the fact that she doesn’t want the prince to know there was ever a question of whether or not he was the father!

vannessa

Posted at 1:01 AM on March 18, 2012

i hoped it was chuck but louis is so nice :(