'Gossip Girl' Spoilers: Is Chuck The Father Of Blair's Baby? New Hint!

Mon, September 26, 2011 10:39pm EDT by 194 Comments

Executive producer Josh Safran gives HollywoodLife.com a hint about you-know-who’s reaction to her pregnancy and also reveals how she deals with her secret!

A game of who’s the daddy has commenced with Gossip Girl fans after we found out today about a certain someone’s pregnancy. We spoke to Josh Safran at a Q&A session recently and asked him about for clues on the baby daddy.

What does this new maybe-Bass baby mean for Chuck and Blair?

Josh wouldn’t reveal whether Chuck or Louis are the father of Blair’s baby, promising everyone it would be revealed in the first half of the season, but he did give us a little hint. “Blair’s pregnancy will definitely impact Chuck in a big way,” teased Josh.

Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the dad because if Blair’s pregnant with Prince Louis’ baby it will still, obviously, affect Chuck because Blair is the love of his life. BUT it would impact him even more if he was the father, right?

And what about Miss Waldorf? Will she be letting Serena, or fellow pregnant Dorota, or anyone about her baby bump? Josh tells us, “Blair will try to hold on as best as she can alone and find that it’s not possible.”

Aww, we wonder how long until another UESider gets wind of what’s going on!?

Which character would you like Blair to share the news with? And do you think Chuck’s that father? Sound off in your comments below!

Reporting by Lorena O’Neil

Follow Lorena on Twitter

Leslie

Posted at 11:48 PM on October 1, 2011

It has to be Chuck. Anyone else will be either a boring choice, a repulsive choice or both. Chuck is the love of her life so he should be the father of her childen.

Cali

Posted at 1:21 AM on October 2, 2011

I completely agree! Only choice that makes sense. :))

Dora

Posted at 8:38 PM on October 1, 2011

I want to see her tell Chuck since I think he’s the daddy. But I also want to see her tell Harold and Eleanor too.

Jessica

Posted at 9:04 PM on October 1, 2011

I’d love to see a Harold and Blair scene again. It’s been too long. Based on how he acted during the Miss Carr story I think he might be shocked.

Rafi

Posted at 10:34 PM on October 1, 2011

I would hate to see him be dissapointed in Blair though. Those types of scenes kill me.

Leanne

Posted at 10:54 PM on October 1, 2011

Me too. Leighton makes me feel so much for Blair.

Melanie

Posted at 11:19 PM on October 1, 2011

I hate that the show ignores the fact Blair hss a family. It was nice to see Eleanor last week but we need more family scenes in my opinion.

Bella

Posted at 11:10 PM on September 30, 2011

It’s got to be Chuck’s baby. I know people talk about the timeline being off but this is Gossip Girl. They never get that right. Plus as someone said (either in this post or the other one with the Comments): There is a ton of baby foreshadowing for Chuck and Blair. It’s got to be his.

britney

Posted at 11:30 PM on September 30, 2011

Blair and Dan bonding over the film Rosemary’s Baby made me think they might give Blair and Chuck a baby. lol. The scene in the episode with the Saints and Sinners Party had a scene where Chuck is stroking Blair’s belly that made me think of a future baby too.

Blake

Posted at 1:40 AM on October 1, 2011

Blair had cravings in 4×8
Nate called Blair maternal in 2×13
Blair had the pregnancy scare in season 1
I think there is more too.

missmelt

Posted at 7:47 PM on September 30, 2011

yes it’s chucks baby.

Erin

Posted at 7:38 PM on September 30, 2011

I soooo hope that it’s Chuck’s baby! I really don’t like Blair with Louis, I can see Blair getting extremely bored in a few years when the shine on her crown wears off. She will always have a huge attraction to Chuck and I hope this baby is the thing that officially puts them together for good instead of them finding dumb reasons not to be together. please let there be a baby ‘Chair’ on the way!!

Leanne

Posted at 10:52 PM on October 1, 2011

I’m torn. I don’t like the idea of Chuck and Blair only reuniting because of the baby. But I want Chuck and Blair to have this baby. They need to be a family. Blair said she was Chuck’s family so I want to see it really happen.

Krys

Posted at 7:33 PM on September 30, 2011

I stopped watching the show after chuck and blair broke up in season 3 and I will not watch it again until they are back together. It better be chuck’s baby!

Millie

Posted at 1:26 PM on September 30, 2011

I stopped watching this show at the end of the third season. Racoon eyes and Chuck was my last straw I hate how the show treated Chuck and Chuck and Blair’s relationship. But I’ll tune back to see what happens with a Chuck and Blair baby. The curiousity is killing me.

Anya

Posted at 12:14 AM on September 30, 2011

My unspoiled and off-line friend told me the baby better be Chuck’s or she’ll have an attack!!

Molly

Posted at 5:26 PM on September 29, 2011

I dont want it to be Chuck. Its too predictable and I think it would be an interesting twist if it wasnt Chuck, or even Louis.

Leanne

Posted at 10:53 PM on October 1, 2011

I think that would make Blair look pretty bad though. It would mean she had sex with another guy around the time of the Bar Mitzvah. Two men that she sincerely loves is one thing but three guys? It’s kind of gross. I don’t want Blair to look bad like that.

Jenna

Posted at 4:46 PM on September 29, 2011

I think it has to be Chuck’s or this show is dead to me.

Thumper

Posted at 4:42 PM on September 29, 2011

I don’t remember Blair sleeping with the prince. When did she?

Therese

Posted at 4:27 PM on September 29, 2011

I can’t wait to see how this pregnancy impacts Chuck and Blair as individuals and as a relationship. I love Leighton and Ed so much. Their chemistry is unbeatable. The biggest problem with the Season 5 premiere was the lack of Chuck and Blair. That relationship is one of the key emotional underpinings to the show along with Serena and Blair. The writers neglecting both relationships was a huge mistake. I hope they make up for it by giving Chuck and Blair wonderful journeys this season that evenutally lead to them reuniting – hopefully with a baby. :)

Angela

Posted at 2:24 PM on September 29, 2011

Posted this in the other article too:

Oh it is without a doubt Chuck’s baby. There is alot of baby foreshadowing for Chair. Alot of it involves DB and DS too:
Dan and Blair bonded over Rosemary’s Baby. Mia Farrow is pregnant with the Devil’s baby and Chuck is the Prince of Darkeness and Blair called him a Devil Redeemed in the episode that that picture is from.
Babies played a role in keeping both DS and CB from reuniting. Dorota’s baby made B late for the Empire State Building and Georgina’s baby kept Dan from going to France to pursue Serena.
There’s a ton more out there. I feel pretty confident Blair is carrying a baby Bass. :)

Veronica

Posted at 11:10 AM on September 29, 2011

You are right Lorena. Chuck still affected even if Louis the father. But I hope he not. I really want it to be Chuck. I think it will be a beautiful love story for Chuck and Blair. Chuck grow up if he become a father.

Yani5688

Posted at 10:21 AM on September 29, 2011

I think Chuck’s the baby daddy but knowing him, he will initially ran away and Dan would be like the surrogate dad for a while until he gets his act together.

I think that would make Blair and Dan closer as friends. Anything more than that would be too much and unrealistic .

Danielle

Posted at 10:48 AM on September 29, 2011

Anything more would also be too nauseating too.

momon

Posted at 11:44 AM on September 29, 2011

don’t you know?

Chuck will grow up in this season.
He is redeemed.
He wouldn’t run away anymore.

So, what I want to say is HAPPY ENDING CHAIR

Rafi

Posted at 10:36 PM on October 1, 2011

I would hate for Dan and Blair to be more than just friends. I like them how they are now. But the idea of them getting romantic is kind of sickening to me. There is no romantic chemistry betweeen them at all.

Delena Love Forever

Posted at 10:18 AM on September 29, 2011

I want to see Blair telling Serena about the baby. The writers love to compare scenes from prior episodes so I think it will be like when Blair and Serena played out Blair’s pregnancy scare in season one. Blair is still in denial but this time she really is pregnant. :( And yes, I do think Chuck is the baby daddy. Donut Dan and Blair didn’t have sex. Not sure if he’s

Christiana

Posted at 9:27 AM on September 29, 2011

For those who believe Dan is the father here is the answear:
Recent interview of the producer of GG Josh Safran.

Safran has hinted that the shock pregnancy storyline will involve “complications”.Blair will try to hold on as best as she can alone & find that is not possible,” he said. “All of the discussions & what it means & what your options are & what you can do, all of that stuff is definitely very much in the mix.SAFRAN ALSO CONFIRMED THAT THE FATHER IS EITHER LUIS (HUGO BECKER) OR CHUCK (ED WESTWICK).

momon

Posted at 9:39 AM on September 29, 2011

dear idiot dair fans, GO SIT IN THE CORNER. #enoughisenough

Christiana

Posted at 9:51 AM on September 29, 2011

How someone can believe that the baby is Dan’s ? They had just 1 kiss and they don’t even have love chemistry between them!! It makes no sence!!

momon

Posted at 11:41 AM on September 29, 2011

just like what I said : dair is idiot. Ignore them.

katie

Posted at 3:21 PM on September 29, 2011

no reason to call dair fans idiots just because you don’t ship them

B

Posted at 9:14 AM on September 29, 2011

Please let it be chuck! Please!!!

SerenaVDW

Posted at 5:27 AM on September 29, 2011

This show gets into a situation that most of us feel more & more disappointed….. Most of us wanna watch their crazy teenage life just as the novel series describe. I love season 1 when they’re still preppies and the story still has its main plot. But NOW, they’re not much different from adults. There’s even a BABY. Get a life, Josh.

And it’s so unwise for the producers not to focus on SereNate. Actually it could be a great plot if they plan it well like Chair. Don’t understand why they nearly give up SereNate in the whole Season 2. They waste too much time on Derena which scant fans like it.

Allie

Posted at 2:44 AM on September 29, 2011

Oh brother. Sounds like more Dair propping. They are seriously the most overpropped couple ever. They had to destroy Chuck and his relationship with Blair to make them “happen.” Now I bet he gets to be part of the pregnancy storyline while Chuck is left out in the cold. Great. Just great. Pretty distasteful to have Dan get to be the one for Blair when she’s pregnant with Chuck’s baby if you ask me.

Cheryl

Posted at 1:27 AM on September 29, 2011

I want to see how Elenaor and Harold handle Blair’s pregnancy. I have to be honest though – I’m a little scared. I think Leighton could seriously break my heart in a scene like that. She’s such a wonderful actress. No one compares to her – that is for sure.

Do I think Chuck is the father? Boy I sure hope so. I don’t want her knocked up by that boring Prince dude.

GGFan73104

Posted at 7:52 PM on September 28, 2011

Chuck is definitely the father. Blair shouldn’t have a baby by anyone else. They are too perfect for each other!!

Tanya

Posted at 7:10 PM on September 28, 2011

*Maury Voice*
Chuck, you are the father!
God, what this show has turned into.

Adrienne De Chair

Posted at 7:01 PM on September 28, 2011

Blair+Dan=kiss=/=pregnancy
Blair+Chuck=hot sex=pregnancy
Pinky swear you can’t get preggers by kissing someone,even if you do it very hard and ussing a lot of saliva;)So,rational and medical conclusion: Chuck=father of the baby!

Summmer

Posted at 5:13 PM on September 28, 2011

I think it’s neither Chuck or Louis, I think it might be

Dan’s!!

deppgirl20

Posted at 5:42 PM on September 28, 2011

As much as I am hoping for Chuck to be the father I think it might be dan’s somehow even though chuck was the last one they showed her with.

Kforeman

Posted at 6:08 PM on September 28, 2011

Lmfao that would not make for Blair to be pregnant with with Dan’s baby when she clearly doesn’t love. Besides it would be stupid because then that make there storyline more forced and contrived that there now getting to together because of a baby.

mel

Posted at 12:50 AM on September 29, 2011

It’s not Humpty’s. He couldn’t get the courage to kiss the girl do you think he could get it up? It’s so Chuck’s!

Caddie

Posted at 10:24 PM on September 28, 2011

When exactly would Dan and Blair have had sex? Not after the kiss. That would imply Blair is having some freaky 18 month pregnancy! She’s not an elephant! lol