Good For You, Justin Bieber! It Took Humility To Support Selena Gomez's Ex-Boyfriend At His Premiere!

Fri, September 16, 2011 2:18pm EDT by 56 Comments
Selena Gomez Ex Boyfriends

Many people forget that Taylor Lautner and Selena Gomez dated a couple years back — but judging from Justin Bieber’s attitude at the ‘Abduction’ premiere in Los Angeles Sept. 15, he remembered all too well!

I don’t think Justin Bieber has anything to worry about when it comes to Selena Gomez rekindling her flame for Taylor Lautner, but it still must have been hard for him to swallow his pride, step aside and let Taylor and Selena have the spotlight last night at the Abduction premiere while he just watched.

Selena and Taylor first started dating the spring of 2009 when they were both in Vancouver shooting films — he was working on New Moon, while she was filming Ramona and Beezus. According to reports, the couple broke off their relationship before the summer even began because Taylor felt it best to be single for his career. Since that time, both actors have had nothing but positive things to say about each other…and Taylor even went on to date Selena’s best friend, Taylor Swift.

At this point, Justin, 17, and Selena, 19, have dated far longer and more seriously than Taylor, 19, and Selena did, but an ex is still an ex. No wonder the Biebs seemed a little on edge when he arrived at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood for the premiere. Our reporter watched first-hand as Justin tried to stay out of the spotlight by opting out of red carpet photos and asking Selena to meet him near the entrance after she was done taking pics.

The carpet was taking a little longer than Justin expected and he started getting frustrated. All he wanted was to slip in the theater and get away from everything. Our reporter told me he repeatedly said to his bodyguard, “Where is she? Where is she? I told her to meet me here, did she go the other way? I said for her to meet me here, I told her that!”

At first this struck me as incredibly controlling. After all, it’s not like Justin was going to be separated from Selena for all eternity. His reaction seemed too intense for the situation. But then I put myself in his shoes.

I’m proud of Justin for removing himself from the spotlight, swallowing his pride and letting his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend shine. That could not have been easy — especially with fans screaming and shouting his name. This just goes to show how dedicated of a boyfriend Justin is to Selena. He’ll do anything for her, even if it means putting himself in a potentially awkward situation.

Have you ever had to deal with your significant other’s ex? Were you as civil as Taylor and Justin? Sound off below!

Get The Latest Bieber News!

1. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Visit The Set Of ‘Jessie’ — Are They Acting Again?
  2. Justin Bieber Goes To Hooters With Selena Gomez Again! Pics!
  3. Justin Bieber Treats Selena Gomez Like A Princess At The Movie Theater! Exclusive Details!

SWAGANGSTA

Posted at 2:04 AM on January 28, 2014

Justin is hella guy
Jacob Black is better than him!! u guys don’t know what your talking about!!! just jelious because Jacob Black is hotter!!!!

Jessica Aguilar

Posted at 1:58 AM on January 28, 2014

Jacob Black is so hot. He is hotter than Edward Cullen. I love the Jacob Black smiles! I would so go out w/ Jacob. He is everything a girl could want! I would get his autograph & take pictures w/ him!!!! I LOVE U JACOB BLACK!!!!!!!!!!! WEREWOLFS RULE, VAMPIRES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Charity

Posted at 10:13 AM on September 20, 2013

Taylor lautner and Selena Gomez should date again because they on a picture on yhoo love y’all

Barbinar Alen

Posted at 9:31 PM on July 20, 2013

Nice one

monica

Posted at 12:57 PM on March 9, 2013

Is selena dateing justin Bieber? you guys shouldm look at justin and selenas pichers

Stunner

Posted at 12:12 AM on January 13, 2013

Selena was invited but he wasn’t but she could bring along a +1. I don’t think it has anything to do with pride.

maya

Posted at 2:48 PM on December 29, 2012

okay is u pregant or not bcuz ppl sayn u not pregant its just stupid. first justin is too little to be selena girlfriend so if I was her I wud shine allday so selena mad a smart choice

Steven VanDerAa

Posted at 9:06 PM on November 25, 2012

Hi Selena Gomez who cares about Mrs.Justin Know it all I want to know why you and him broke up and instead of him you should date me Reply Me back. I love you your my Dream Girl!!!!!

Steven VanDerAa

Posted at 9:05 PM on November 25, 2012

go taylor!!!

Posted at 9:14 PM on November 18, 2012

I agree sorry Justin(not really)i think Taylor and selena are way a better couple sorry justin but TAYLOR LAUTNER US SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!selena and taylor if your reading this GOOD!!!!!!<3

Nina

Posted at 11:32 PM on November 9, 2012

I agree with Taylena4eva justin is to young for her and she should know that for a fact and taylor omg where do i being he’s:sexy,manly,buff,tan,tall,perfect teeth,etc…as i was saying selena wasnt getting death threats until she was spotted with teen popstar sensation justin bieber she was perfectly fine with hottie McLautner i just dont understand her maybe she just wants fame{my opinion] from dating all these famous boyz like when the jonas brothers were huge she dated nick when twilight was huge she dated of course taylor lautner now justin bieber because well you know”hes famous only in his mind” to admit to me hes not really that famous hes in alot of fights,hangs out with TOO MANY black people{NO OFFENCE SORRY] to make this shorter selena if your reading this PLEASE for the sake of not losing more fans LEAVE BIEBER PLEASE GO BACK TO TAYLOR LAUTNER U BELONG TOGETHER

turkan

Posted at 9:38 AM on January 6, 2013

please and pleaseeee….love is not depends on ur or my opinion,it depends on heart.i really dont understand u.when love comes to u,u dont care about his/her age,weight,tall….etc.love is not about that.i think that Selena and Justin are the best couple and fit each other.i think that both of them still love each other.i love them <3

Neraven

Posted at 12:14 AM on August 15, 2012

Why does everyone care so much about the ages? Why does the guy have to be older? Sure they mature slower emotionally, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be a great relationship. My best friend is having pretty much her best relationship with someone almost three years younger than her, and nearly all of her other boyfriends have been older rather than even the same age.

jelena

Posted at 4:59 PM on August 2, 2012

NO NO NO AND NO Justin is amazing man he isn’t a little boy and Selena ( I LOVE HER SOO MUCH ) she loves Justin and that’s very obvious to any one Right I prefer that man should be older than his girl or in the same age but love doesn’t know any of these unnessasry things Simply It’s LOVE and Selena wasn;t very happy with Taylor at all but with Justin you can see her eyes shinning with love she seems to me that she is completely in love with JB and he is too they had a statue named JUSTIN AND SELENA FOR EVER so how they doesn’t love each other???!!! I LOVE YOU AMAZING JELENA ( JELENA FOR EVER )

Zelena.

Posted at 8:44 PM on July 8, 2012

Damn. that’s a bid downgrade. Ahaa. Zayn & Selena would be a cute couple.

Charity

Posted at 10:14 AM on September 20, 2013

K

celeste

Posted at 10:15 PM on June 21, 2012

i can’t belive u and justin bieber broke up love~celeste

tegan

Posted at 6:21 AM on May 12, 2012

taylor is much more cutter that that gay

Aisha esther

Posted at 1:35 PM on April 20, 2012

Men! Selena just missed a guy who truly loves if i were her i won’t let no matter she is just lovin him for fame can u imagine i can’t belive am sayin this selena is a slut!

Taylena4eva

Posted at 5:44 PM on April 10, 2012

i’ll be nice on justin… look justin is too young for selena. the way i see it, the man should be the same age as the woman if not older (my opinion). Taylor is very hot, and Selena is pretty. im not a big fan of JB, never have been. but by all of the pictures i have seen of Taylena/Telena (Taylor and Selena) they are one cute couple. i first found their pics together way b4 justin came along. and there isn’t that many pictures that i have seen of Taylena where they weren’t smileing or happy (like 2: when they were just walking and eating ice creame and when they are standing close, then they hugged right after), unlike the pictures i have seen of Taylor with other girls or Selena with other guys. Also, most of taylor and/ or selena’s fans were happy that they were dating, but when JB and Selena got together Selena started getting death threats (none during Taylena time). So this is why i say that Taylor and Selena are meant to be… and no JB (he can get with someone else or his ex)
GO TAYLENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sharlet

Posted at 12:50 PM on January 20, 2013

jestine u r awful taylor u r perfect