Rachel Zoe 'Cried For Weeks' When She Found Out She Was Expecting A Boy — She Was Desperate For A Baby Girl!

Thu, September 8, 2011 6:04pm EDT by 11 Comments

The fashionista dreamed of a baby daughter she could dress up like a doll, and isn’t embarrassed to admit she was devastated to discover her unborn baby was a boy!

Rachel Zoe makes the extraordinary confession in the season 4 premiere of her Bravo reality show The Rachel Zoe Project, shot while she was still pregnant. Do you find this disgusting, HollyMoms? How will her baby son Skyler feel when he’s older?

“I always had this plan in my mind that I was gonna have this little baby girl,” Rachel admits.

“I found out I was having a boy, and I did cry for a week. Or two. Maybe even three.”

Rachel reveals she came to terms with the news she would be mom to a son, when she realized she could still dress a baby boy up in designer clothes — prompting husband Rodger Berman to complain on camera: “He’s not a doll.”

Rachel, 40, then argued, “He’s totally a doll.

In a terrifying admission, Rodger then tells the interviewer, ‘The only living thing we’ve ever had was a dog, and Rachel’s parents had to take the dog away because we were unfit parents.”

Rachel gave birth to Skyler in March and she and Rodger seem to be great and doting parents.

We really hope she was just messing around on camera and didn’t REALLY mean to say such outrageous things.

What do you think, HollyMoms? Is there any excuses to say something like that?

Watch the video and weigh in!

– Ian Garland

More Rachel Zoe:

1. Rachel Zoe Has A Feeling Her Son Will Choose To Wear Adidas Over Missoni: ‘I’ll Have To Deal With It!’
  2. Rachel Zoe Tells HollyBaby.com Exclusively How Much She Loves Motherhood!
  3. Rachel Zoe’s Designing A Kids Clothing Line! Thanks, Baby Skyler!

Voodeaux

Posted at 8:04 PM on October 9, 2011

I’m a little late on this but my girlfriend did the same thing. When she found out she was having a little boy she was pissed! Sometimes people have this vision in thier minds about what or who the baby will be and it’s a little hard to let go of that dream. I think that’s normal, it’s all about giving up control. Once you see your child the first time you’ll forget all that nonsense!

giko

Posted at 12:35 AM on September 14, 2011

may the lord help that child, he got one crazy momma

Laura

Posted at 8:11 AM on September 11, 2011

my mum was mortified when she found out that my sister was a girl, but thats just because she thought she was having a boy. it doesnt make her a discusting person, or mean she loves my sister any less. its just a feeling at a certain point in your life. rachel zoes baby has everything he could ever ask for, so how would he ever feel not wanted or unloved? they both clearly love him!

Bernice

Posted at 5:50 PM on September 11, 2011

Ok fine maybe she would of preferred a girl because of her profession but to say she ‘CRYED” for THREE weeks when she heard it was a boy there is NOOOO excuse for that much devastation!!!!! Soooo sad when there are people out there that would give there right arm for a healthy child, health is what she should of been crying about!!!!!

Clearstreamed

Posted at 2:17 AM on September 11, 2011

I don’t have preferences but I want a boy lol I don’t see what is the big deal it is not rare that people have preferences about the sex of their baby they think they will be better parents with one or the other but when the baby is there everything is forgotten . We all know families of four boys, or four girls where parents kept trying for the boy/girl of their dreams.

Colesmommi

Posted at 11:16 AM on September 9, 2011

Insane! She’s a fantastic mother now and I think lots of people have an image in their head of what their child will be like and that does include sex. I had a friend admit to me that she cried when she saw the ultasound showing her the sex of her second son because she so wanted a daughter…I then acknowledged that I had done the same.
We are both great mothers who loves our sons dearly. It’s human nature to want to do you best for you child and if you happen to be the type of woman who identifies very much with her feminity, it’s makes some kind of sense that you would think you could do more for/with a girl.

Sara

Posted at 3:34 PM on September 9, 2011

I was a little disappointed when I found out my unborn baby was a girl. I really thought my mother’s intuition was telling me it was a boy. It’s fine to confide in friends about your feeling but I do think it is in poor taste that Rachel tell the world she was disappointed. That would hurt anyone’s feelings to hear their mother say they cried for weeks. This is a little off the subject but, I found out that my mother was disappointed that I was a tom-boy and not a girly-girl when I was growing up. I know she doesn’t love me any less but it still hurts a little to hear things like that. I can imagine that it could hurt her son’s feelings if he hears this when he grows up.

Courtney

Posted at 7:40 AM on September 9, 2011

Ms Zoe is a headtrip she thinks she’s a celebrity but she’s not.she should be happy her son is healthy and have not admitted she wanted a girl until he was grown you can’t alwyas get what you want. when Newman & Woodward had their youngest daughter in 1965 they wanted a boy but when she turned out to be a girl they didn’t love her any less than her sisters

Anna

Posted at 1:17 AM on September 9, 2011

Who cares? She loves her son now, that’s all that matters. Stop being so judgmental.

Ashley

Posted at 12:06 AM on September 9, 2011

Even if she is joking (which I truly hope she is), she should think about how her son will feel when he is older and hears what his mother said about him! Of course baby girls are always fun to dress, but baby boys are too….and all babies are fun for so many more reasons than dressing them!

Elf

Posted at 10:13 PM on September 8, 2011

Believe it or not,I finally finished my single life last week!!!!I am a 32 years old TV producer and have no time to get to know people in reality,so I got a usename—-Samlake123 on MEETRICH.c0m then I met her,she is a college teacher,and she looks more beautiful than photos on the website,so we date a few times and we both feel good.I intend to make a propose to her.Thanks to the website,you can check it out or recommend it to your friends or relatives.