'Degrassi' Scoop: Cory Lee & Ray Ablack Spill On Ms. Oh's 'Adult' Relationship With Sav!

Thu, August 25, 2011 10:34am EDT by 11 Comments

Cory says it was ‘awesome’ getting to ditch Ms. Oh’s ‘straight and narrow’ persona. Do you support this taboo new couple?

Admit it: From the moment Ms. Oh (Cory Lee) entered Degrassi‘s hallowed halls, you knew it was only a matter of time before she got it on with a student — and she finally did just that with Sav (Ray Ablack) on last night’s episode! I chatted with Cory and Ray during a recent visit to Degrassi‘s Toronto set and they told me why they love their hot new storyline.

For Cory, it was all about getting to break out of the Ms. Oh mold.

“Playing the normal Ms. Oh role is more of a challenge for me,” Cory admits. “Someone a little more straight-and-narrow, to the rules, very authoritative. [Getting to switch that up] was awesome.

Ray had some fun with the storyline as well, noting that the age difference between the characters helped Sav to grow… as a man.

“Sav’s always been this shy, not-able-to-look-people-in-the-eye kind of kid. I feel towards the end of this year, especially with Ms. Oh, he’s become a bit of a man from this ‘adult relationship’ he’s trying to maneuver his way through.”

Watch my full interview with Cory and Ray below, then vote: Are you a fan of Ms. Oh and Sav’s naughty shenanigans?

Loading video...

— Andy Swift

Click to follow Andy on Twitter for more Degrassi exclusives!

diandra

Posted at 5:59 PM on August 26, 2011

what if sav and miss oh are together love dosenot have an age.so i think they should be together.

Amanda

Posted at 11:12 AM on August 26, 2011

So after watching the last episode, I had to come back and say that I LOVE how the creators dealt with this. Waiting until Sav graduates is the best idea, and it shows how mature Ms. Oh is.

werebunny

Posted at 9:51 PM on August 25, 2011

i think its not all that weird..hes 18 right? and hes graduating in 3 weeks so its not like hes 13 or something.But then again it should wait till hes out of school as to not cause problems..but thats what the show is about soo..

Amanda

Posted at 9:46 PM on August 25, 2011

The only problem that I have is I feel they shouldn’t be portraying this is a “good” thing, because legally it is not. IF they are both mature adults, why couldn’t they just wait a few months until Sav graduates high school and THEN start a relationship?

Kristen

Posted at 8:14 PM on August 25, 2011

I think it’s weird that TV shows are displaying student-teacher romantic relationships in a positive light. Pretty Little Liars kinda has the same thing going on…

Brinna

Posted at 2:35 PM on August 25, 2011

I LOVE them together. Its a good story for the show and they are great together. Since Degrassi is a teenage soap opera though, I imagine it will end badly. Then I’ll be angry at the series again and (still) watch it anyways. :)

Jett Noir

Posted at 2:21 PM on August 25, 2011

I think their relationship is rather interesting. Besides Paige being with a student teacher a few years back, there hasn’t been a student involved or wanting to get involved with a teacher. I don’t get why people say it’s gross for them to be together, it’s not like she’s in her 50′s. I haven’t really been supportive of any of Sav’s relationships besides Anya, so I think this is a good move for him. I support their relationship or whatever they’re calling it.

Erica

Posted at 2:13 PM on August 25, 2011

I love them together! Sav is a cutie!

Shura

Posted at 1:45 PM on August 25, 2011

I think its a little gross for them!

Alana

Posted at 11:10 AM on August 25, 2011

I L-O-V-E: LOVE them together, I’m happy for Sav that he finally found someone who’s going in his same direction and is on his same level.

Andy Swift