'LA Ink' Canceled! Is Karma Coming Back To Bite Kat Von D For Her Bratty Behavior?

Thu, August 18, 2011 6:07pm EDT by 70 Comments

Luck seems to have run out for celebrity tattoo artist, Kat Von D, whose show, LA Ink has gotten the boot from TLC! Could this be payback for refusing to play nice to the press?

It’s no secret the 29-year-old reality TV star, Kat Von D, is notorious for her bad girl behavior when it comes to dealing with the press. From walking out on interviews to canceling important appearances, she hasn’t made a great reputation for herself with the public, particularly after her relationship with Sandra Bullock‘s cheating ex-husband Jesse James. Now, with the cancelation of her reality show, it looks like karma has come to collect.

TLC spoke with Us Weekly and confirmed the cancelation of LA Ink, which followed Kat’s tattooing career including the day-to-day operations of her West Hollywood shop, High Voltage Tattoo.

“[The] current season of LA Ink will be its last,” TLC said. “The network is proud of what the series has accomplished in its four seasons, following Kat Von D’s journey as an artist from Miami to Los Angeles.”

The past year hasn’t been easy for Kat, who has dealt with one loss after another. From her cat dying to her house burning down to a painful breakup with Sandra Bullock‘s ex-husband, Jesse James, it looks like Kat is about to get a lot more humble when it comes to living in the spotlight.

“As much as I’d like to picture [myself] being this strong, independent woman, the truth is most of the time I’m not as strong as I’d like to be,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “But I’m still trying.”

Maybe she could pick up a few tips from fellow reality star Kate Gosselin whose show, Kate Plus Eight also got a pink slip from TLC.

Are you stoked or stunned that Kat’s show was cancelled? Do you think she deserves everything unfortunate that’s come her way? Sound off in the comments!

Tony

Posted at 2:09 PM on January 17, 2012

These shows are garbage and so are the the people. It’s a sad day when people like this are respected or looked up to by the general population. America is going down the toilet with it’s tattoos and ridiculous symbols.

sonia

Posted at 9:37 AM on January 19, 2012

Step into the 2000′s sweetheart . Ridiculous is killing your baby and getting off with a not guilt verdict that’s ridiculous. In todays world tattos are popular. It’s up to one to decide what goes on their bodies. If it bothers you so much turn away. Don’t look. God bless you and don’t be so judgemental.

Michele Maese

Posted at 4:28 AM on January 6, 2012

I am really saddened by the fact that the show will not be returning. I watched it all the time and recorded in on my DVR when I wasn’t home to watch it. I feel Kat is an awsome woman and was a responsible business woman. I am truly devastated to know I will never be able to see the show again. Kat, good luck in all you do, you are so smart and determined to succeed. I will so miss seeing you every week. You are the coolest out there!!!

sonia

Posted at 12:05 PM on January 19, 2012

How cool is that. I would also record it, could’t wait to get home to see it. Kat is awesome. I got a tattoo of my daughter on my ARM how I wish I could have gotten it by kat. Now I wish she could fix it. It does not even look like the picture. I see the way she does them and I’m like wow. Kat we will miss you. You are beautiful no matter what anybody says. God bless you.

M.C. Hammer

Posted at 3:55 AM on November 20, 2012

I feel u dude I feel u

mark

Posted at 12:55 AM on January 3, 2012

tlc losss…watch ur rating go down now suckers!!! haha i actually heard kat decided to end the show herself, i can hardly blame her either, after reading her books and the stress the show would put on her every day to day life would suck either way i will miss following kat on her journies….but i understand if why she chose to end it!

Spacey

Posted at 9:03 AM on December 8, 2011

Damn..That sux that the show was cancelled! I actually enjoyed her show! Too bad she will have Jesse James tattoo on her for the rest of her life after what that Douche bag did to her! What a loser! Kat Von D keep doing what you do and enjoy life!

Johnny

Posted at 3:52 PM on November 23, 2011

She owes nobody anything. TLCs loss

bruce

Posted at 2:25 AM on October 31, 2011

she looks like a horse.. sounds like one too!

cher

Posted at 5:07 PM on September 21, 2011

Just started watching the tattoo shows this year. At NY Ink – the people working were interesting and i enjoyed the stories behind the tattoos. However, Ami is a nasty, unprofessional person. He was so rotten that I wonder if it was all an “act”. I enjoyed LA Ink but I wanted to see more tattoos and the people in the shop. I like Kat Von D -give her a lot of credit. She seems like a strong person and, obviously, a good business person. She seems to have changed and matured from previous seasons which I saw in repeats. I think she has a good heart and is trying to take care of herself both physically and mentally. i’m sorry the show ended. Wanted to know what happened to her brother and sister and the girl she “took in”. I wish her happiness. Maybe, not being in the “spotlight” will bring her better “karma”!

s

Posted at 12:26 PM on September 16, 2011

Whatch new Kats show Texas Ink,thats for sure!

DanT

Posted at 2:16 AM on September 16, 2011

Well no more TLC for me. That was the only show I watched on there. Hopefully A&E or someone will pick her up. I’ve watched every episode since the beginning and loved them all. Lots of drama, sure, but such a great talent.

kimberly

Posted at 12:12 AM on September 16, 2011

No not stoked at all.I loved that show and what an inspiring person she is. She is so driven and let’s nothing get her or keep her down. To be like her would be a god send. we will miss you Kat and lots of luck with your next adventure…:) take care

suzeequu

Posted at 8:03 PM on September 12, 2011

i used to love the show…but over time, Kat got too full of herself…and came across phony and cold hearted. Cory was one of the best parts of the show…as was american electric.
but mostly…it seems … scripted…oh the drama with Piaf missing was so phony and stupid and insulting to the viewers..no we are not that stupid.
The editing is so poor, they dont even realize they play out the same scence but the peoples clothes have changed.
they are really bad actors..kat included. used to think she was the coolest bitch out there, now…ehh..not so much. planned to stop watching anyhow, so I am not sad at all. give cory a show…he is the real deal.

paulie

Posted at 12:51 AM on December 8, 2011

Wow that was right on suzeequu Cory was the reason alot of us watched no bs from him and leave the drama at home,come to work to lay out the best tats.Hey TLC go see SIX FEET UNDER that would be a show with no wawawa bs.

Lainkfan

Posted at 1:07 AM on September 9, 2011

I used to be a fan of LA ink in the first two seasons, but after that, the show just became all about drama. I hate the fact most of the original cast were gone after season 2. Even Cory was driven out which was just sad. I personally like Kat as very quirky and eccentric artist, but I honestly don’t like the fact that she’s with Sandra’s ex. I’m a Sandra fan too.

I’m kinda glad the show getting some closure. I hope Kat continues to get some media attention, hopefully positive but I doubt it. I hope she continues to show her art.

Sam P

Posted at 10:32 PM on September 8, 2011

Can’t say I will, like, miss this, like, show, like, you know? Have you ever counted how often she (and her brother for that matter) say the word “like”? I have watched a bit of this season but it’s not about the tattoos anymore. It’s more about the frickin’ drama. Won’t miss it at all, like, you know? She and Jesse (who is a complete snooze) deserve each other.

inna

Posted at 11:05 AM on September 7, 2011

And what happened to American Electric tattoo shop from LA Ink?TLC can make new Von Dumb out of Amy,at least ,she is cute!

inna

Posted at 11:00 AM on September 7, 2011

Poor Kat Von Dumb!It was Great Show!

Tanya

Posted at 8:57 PM on September 2, 2011

Poorly written. First of all Kat did not get the boot, she chose to end the season. Second, she was an awesome, free spirited person. Why all the hate?

Brittany*

Posted at 10:00 PM on August 25, 2011

I, too, have been watching LA Ink since it first aired in 2007. Now at the age of 19, I am fully capable of understanding the struggles Kat Von D has gone through. I look up to her and her strength to conquer her addictions and other bad habits. She’s done a lot to help the community,she’s hosted fund-raisers, took in a girl in need. Kat is a strong woman and is only getting a bad rep because she’s a celebrity. The amazing and touching stories told by the people getting tattoos, the hilarious, sad, and inspiring moments and the awesome people shown on the show make it so worth while to watch. I only hope that Kat can continue with reality TV so we can continue watching her story.

Kathy Q

Posted at 1:07 PM on August 25, 2011

It’s about time. Bye Bye Kat Von Ditz

Sonya

Posted at 4:03 PM on August 24, 2011

I have watched this show since the beginning. I agree totally with all the comments posted by Tegan. I was very sad when I heard the show was cancelled. There was deffinaltely a couple times through the seasons of Aubrey and Liz that were dreadful, but it seamed that this season was back on track with focusing more on the shop and the artists. I wish nothing but the best for the whole crew and who knows.. maybe they will come back or move to another channel.. we can only hope!
If that should not prove to work out I think TLC may have an option with Corey Millers shop or even the wacky Craig, he was good entertainment.. if only he could get reliable employees.

Tegan

Posted at 5:29 AM on August 24, 2011

Having been an avid watcher since the beginning of the show, I’m very disappointed to see it end. Having said that, I believe that LA Ink had the oppurtunity to be something really great. The positive spin on a often discredited industry during the first seasons was really great to watch. With less drama and antics than Miami Ink, La Ink really looked like it would flourish. Then came what felt like the scripted drama of both Aubry and Liz, and I was left feeling like they were only there to cause more tension. I would rather have seen the reality show focused on the tattoos, the flourishment of Kat’s buisness and the art that is what these amazing people do.

Also, TLC didn’t cancel the show, they are only saying that to tarnish Kat’s image after SHE decided enough was enough.

Needless to say, I think Kat is one inspirational woman. Leaving school at fourteen she knew what she wanted to do, she was talented and she made a name for herself as one of the best black and grey portrait tatooists in the world, and probably the best female one. I hope she finds a nice decent man, the man she deserves, and I hope she finds happiness.

With or without a television show I will continue to follow Kat Von D and her amazing gifts and hope that she gets the recognition and joy she deserves. Good on you Kat, I’m sorry to see you go and will miss watching a small snippet of your everyday life, however I know you will only go up from here to bigger and better things. Good luck.

Mel

Posted at 7:54 PM on August 21, 2011

Considering the fact only 2 tattoos were shown for about 30 seconds per episode now I’m happy to see the back end of it. To be honest I’m not a fan of Kat Von D either, I’ve always found her to be ungrateful and whiny since Miami Ink I only ever watched it for Kim, Hannah and Corey. Kat doesn’t deserve the extremeness of the bad things happening to her but she needs to get off her high horse and just be a good tattoo artist without all the drama and looking down her nose on everyone.

Calypso

Posted at 4:01 AM on August 21, 2011

I’m not surprised & after the way she treated Corey, I lost all respect for her & quit watching her show, so I certainly won’t miss it or her!!

D

Posted at 7:58 PM on August 19, 2011

Kat doesn’t deserve the problems that have been coming. She is great at what she does and honestly, everyone can fk off. Kat is known worldwide for her capabilities. No need to hate on her.

Jake

Posted at 8:56 PM on August 18, 2011

Kat Von D was not that great to begin with. TLC wanted a spinoff and since Miami Ink was getting so many viewers they thought LA Ink would do the same….but Kat Von D cannot carry a show…and it seems she cannot carry a relationship either. Ouch!!

disco

Posted at 6:56 PM on August 18, 2011

spin spin spin it hollywood life. Because never in human existence before, has a woman sacrificed her career for a man?

she quit.

c

Posted at 2:45 PM on August 19, 2011

lol yeah right – she sucks. its not surprising at all that they fired her

dave