Kirstie Alley Has Lost 38 Inches Since Starting 'Dancing With The Stars!'

Tue, May 24, 2011 6:24pm EDT by 21 Comments
kirstie alley, weight loss

kirstie alley, weight loss

Kirstie Alley looks totally different now than when she began ‘Dancing with the Stars’ a couple months ago. She says her body has changed so much, she’s lost 38 inches all around!

Formerly a pin-thin Hollywood star, Kirstie Alley has struggled with obesity for years. Despite being the Jenny Craig spokesperson and even having a reality show dedicated to her weight loss, the only thing that’s seemingly worked for the 60-year-old comedian has been Dancing with the Stars. In fact, she’s dropped 38 inches since beginning the competition two and a half months ago!

“It was like, keep whittling, whittling, whittling,” Kirstie told the Associated Press about her recent victory. “And the other thing that’s really more significant to me — I mean, I love the whittling, I like being skinny — I’m really strong and really agile and it gave me a new life.”

Last month, Kirstie — who’s 5’7″ and weighed 228 pounds at her heaviest — revealed her weight loss number to US Weekly…but has stayed mum since.

“I’ve lost 60 pounds, and I have 30 or 40 more to go. And I think with this strenuous, rigorous dance schedule, I think it’s going to work,” Kirstie said.

In May, Kirstie’s intense dance schedule and strict diet began to get the best of her. During one rehearsal, she fell down from lack of energy.

Although she vehemently denied she was starving herself on purpose, her partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, told her 1,400 calories a day wasn’t enough food combined with her hours of dance practice.

“I wasn’t intentionally not eating. I forgot!” she explained.

Nevertheless, since that particular show May 9, Kirstie has said she’s made a concerted effort to eat more and stress less about dropping weight.

We can’t wait to read about her dramatic weight loss when she’s on the cover of a weekly after Dancing with the Stars ends May 24. How much do YOU think she’ll have lost by then?

Kirstin Benson

Read more about Dancing with the Stars:

1. Petra Nemcova Gets The Boot From ‘DWTS’ & We Can’t Believe Who Else Was On The Chopping Block!
  2. Kirstie Alley Turns The Table (Literally) & DJs At Club After ‘DWTS!’ Exclusive Pics!
  3. Is Kendra The New Kate Gosselin Or Bristol Palin On ‘DWTS?’

where to get Formula RezV Magic

Posted at 11:59 AM on November 27, 2013

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wfote thhe book in it or something.
I think that yyou could do with a few pics to drive the message hokme a little bit, but instead of that, this is great blog.
A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

yobxomaotohh

stmkxgcqxwwm

jxyaatmdgpqw

Posted at 3:23 AM on April 1, 2013

tuexfvkhrtem

Agence Webdesign - Paris

Posted at 8:11 PM on July 8, 2012

Bonne continuation à vous et à bientôt!

how to start losing weight

Posted at 9:09 PM on May 24, 2012

Simply desire to say your article is as surprising. The clarity for your post is just great and that i can think you’re a professional on this subject. Well together with your permission allow me to clutch your RSS feed to keep up to date with drawing close post. Thank you a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

Poetry

Posted at 6:55 AM on May 9, 2012

Tremendous issues here. I’m very happy to look your article. Thanks a lot and I am looking ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

Do water softeners work?

Posted at 11:49 PM on April 14, 2012

Excellent put up, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You should continue your writing. I am sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!|What’s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & help different customers like its aided me. Great job.

Mary

Posted at 2:02 PM on May 26, 2011

There is no way that at 5’8″ 230 lbs, a woman wears a size 12! NO WAY! Maybe a size 20, 22 is more realistic. I am happy she lost weight! But realistically, she looks more like a size 12, 14 now after her weight loss.

Jessa Mc.

Posted at 6:41 AM on May 25, 2011

She looks like she lost weight…..NO WAY 38 inches. No way. What’s sad is, you know she won’t be able to keep it off. She always gains back what she loses + 20 pounds more. I hope she can keep it off this time.

Connie

Posted at 2:58 AM on May 25, 2011

Having overweight problems is not fun. Kirsty made it to the very end. She should be applauded for the sheer effort it took just to learn and dance any one of the programs she was presented. Her partner was a fantastic teacher. Congrats to both of them.

Raven

Posted at 8:11 PM on May 24, 2011

She does not look “totally different.” She looks like the same woman minus some weight. It’s absurd to act like every pound completely changes who you are and how you look. It’s just inches. It’s not a new body.

lilly

Posted at 10:22 PM on May 24, 2011

yea it kinda is a like new body

Paul Bishop

Posted at 7:29 PM on May 24, 2011

38 inches is a fabircation in every way

Kate

Posted at 6:43 PM on May 24, 2011

Erm, I’m sorry, did you just say 38 INCHES??

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 6:52 PM on May 24, 2011

Yes. She’s lost 38 inches from her body — including arms, legs, neg, waist, etc.

Kate

Posted at 6:56 PM on May 24, 2011

Ahhhh, for a second there I was so confused haha