HollywoodLife.com caught up with one of the most talented up-and-coming stars in Hollywood — Hayley Kiyoko — about filming ‘Lemonade Mouth,’ college and her secret talents!
If you’ve seen Disney Channel’s awesome new original movie, Lemonade Mouth, you’ve witnessed Hayley Kiyoko‘s talent first hand. The 20-year-old performer sings, plays instruments, dances and shows off some major acting chops in her role as the rebellious and creative Stella. HollywoodLife.com caught up with Hayley about her background in show biz (she’s been performing since she was a toddler), her favorite not-so-guilty TV pleasure, her musical idols and much more. Read on to learn six things you never knew about Hayley!
- Before Hayley acted, she was a competitive dancer: “I love dancing, but I don’t just want to be a back up dancer for the rest of my life. Acting has been a new passion that kind of just developed through the last few years.”
- She would make a great action starlet: “I’ve done karate my whole life. I’d love to hold a rifle and walk in slow mo and kick people’s butts. I’m a black belt.”
- She loves chill music: “Fiona Apple, Adele are my number one artists.”
- She loves fashion: “I’ve always wanted to have my own fashion line and kind of like become a brand. I’m an official triple threat — it’s definitely not forced.”
- Hayley is a huge Grey’s Anatomy fan: “I proudly watch Grey’s Anatomy, like every single week. Phone are turned off. If you speak, you are not my friend!”
- She wants to go to college: “I was accepted to NYU right after I graduated, but then I deferred for a year. College is definitely at the top of my list.”