Victoria Justice Is The New Good Girl In Hollywood — She Hates Smoking & Drinking! Exclusive

Wed, March 23, 2011 9:15pm EST by 14 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

Move over, Miley! There’s a new starlet in Tinseltown who’s ready to take the world by storm without all the drama!

Nickelodeon’s leading lady Victoria Justice isn’t your average teen celebrity. The 18-year-old actress rocked the boat by being honest about her lifestyle in April’s Seventeen magazine, confessing she’d smoke and drank before — which was something that took major guts. However, before you write Victoria off as a bad girl, she wants to clear something up.

“I don’t want to paint this picture of me being perfect, because I’m not perfect. Basically, what I said in the interview — I have tried that stuff. Those are choices that I’ve made and I’ve learned from it’s not something I continue to do per se,” Victoria tells HollywoodLife.com, explaining. “Right now I’m really focused on my career. I’m really focused on all that kind of stuff.”

She adds, “Drinking and smoking is not something that is going to help me or something that interests me, so I think it’s just something that I wanted to share and be open with.”

In fact, Victoria — who’s nominated for a Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite TV Actress — doesn’t like the Hollywood scene at all, unlike many other young starlets in her position.

“I’m definitely more of a homebody,” she says. “I like being around my friends, my family. I love going to the movies and watching movies at home on rainy days. Even as far as relationships and dating, I like to be very private about stuff like that. I’m not creating attention from the media…I don’t desire any of those things.”

In a world filled with Lindsay Lohan‘s and Taylor Momsen-types (aka Hollywood’s token bad girls), we love hearing about a young celebrity who’s got a good head on her shoulders. Keep up the great work, Victoria. You’re an amazing role model for your fans!

Kirstin Benson

Abbey

Posted at 11:26 AM on November 10, 2014

Victoria, If you have not given your life to Christ do it now! Love ya!

johnsamuel

Posted at 3:15 PM on April 23, 2014

Victorian city is for good kids and teenagers
Victoria rocks

Alexis

Posted at 7:32 PM on August 24, 2013

She’s a true role model! I love how real she is. She is one of the few young women in her profession who is actually beautiful inside and out and truly appreciates her opportunities. I always noticed that she didn’t care about fame unlike some people. I met her and she treated me with so much love and respect and actually talked to me and remembers me and details about me and my life. She truly treats her fans like friends. Victoria you are amazing and I know big things are coming your way because you truly deserve them.

Felix Schick

Posted at 9:57 AM on October 2, 2012

I love you Victoria

Amy

Posted at 8:00 PM on August 17, 2012

I love you so much Victoria!!!!! I wish that I could meet you in person! But I live in Canada :(

ConverseGirl

Posted at 11:22 AM on December 1, 2011

I think that she’s really pretty and that she’s a great role model for everyone. I like it how she actually told everyone that she did try these stupid things and she learned from Her mistakes !!!!!!! ;)

Richard

Posted at 9:46 AM on July 12, 2011

I’m so proud of you, Victoria! Keep it up! P.S. For those of you criticising Victoria, go get a life aside from putting others down because you think you’ll never be as good as them. No one deserves to be talked about that way, especially you. Lighten up!

blaize

Posted at 10:01 AM on March 25, 2011

Why do you guys bash Miley Cyrus every chance you get? This has nothing to do with her. You guys are so immature. I can’t believe you’re still holding a pathetic grudge against her because you don’t like her transition from virginal, innocent disney child to sexual, free-spirited adult pop star. Well get over it, because Miley has the right to express and explore her sexuality.

As far as the smoking salvia thing goes, that was last year! Yes it was a bad decision, but it was a legal substance. Haven’t any of YOU ever made a bad choice when you were young that you regret? She owned up to what she did, acknowledged that it was wrong, and apologized for it. How long are you going to hold this against her?

Members of this website sympathise with Chris Brown and say that he deserves a chance to move on with his life. Well why can’t you (who are supposed to be mature adults) take the same approach toward Miley, espescially since she’s younger than him and what he did was worse than ANYTHING Miley Cyrus has done?

Jade

Posted at 7:42 PM on March 24, 2011

omg I love her honesty

jason

Posted at 2:25 AM on March 24, 2011

GAWD I hit that so hard you’d be the king of England to pull it out.

smell

Posted at 12:57 AM on March 24, 2011

already tried drugs great role model

bvang

Posted at 11:39 PM on March 23, 2011

And these are things that others haven’t said? People can say things like that but that doesn’t make them true in the long run. Though the main thing is; it takes more than “behavior” to build a star, so you can say over over, Miley. It takes a lot more than a couple of statements to do that.

Also this exclusive was reported by yourselves almost two weeks ago. So why repeat it and why list this as a Miley Cyrus article? Miley isn’t even the subject here.

Lewis

Posted at 9:54 PM on March 23, 2011

She’s annoying… she strikes the exact same pose in every single shot…

Jkabam