Selena Gomez FINALLY Admits: I'm Dating Justin Bieber!

Tue, March 15, 2011 1:26pm EDT by 102 Comments

During a radio interview with Z100, Selena confirmed her relationship for the first time and even explained why she sympathizes with her haters!

After months of dodging the question like a ninja, Selena Gomez FINALLY dropped the bomb we’ve all known for awhile: she IS Justin Bieber‘s girlfriend. However, before you start tweeting hate messages, the 18-year-old starlet wants you to know she understands why you’re upset about them dating and she’s been there before herself.

“I loved Jesse McCartney,” she explained on Z100 March 14. “I was obsessed with him. He dated Katie Cassidy when he was 16 or 17. I hated her, absolutely hated her. I was mortified that he was with Katie and I wanted to be with him. He was my screen-saver!”

She added, “I just did a movie (Monte Carlo) with Katie Cassidy and she was the nicest person ever.”

Even though she sympathizes with Beliebers who are upset about her relationship, Selena is still struggling with the haters (which was evident just one day before when Selena looked miserable at the airport).

“It’s hard,” Selena admitted. ”It hurts, it really does. I don’t feel like I’m doing anything wrong. I’ve been best friends with him for a very long time. It does hurt my feelings a lot but I try not to focus on it. I have a strong family and great fans.”

We feel badly Selena and Justin, 17, get their feelings hurt by passionate fans, but maybe now Selena has opened up, Beliebers will support them more. Justin and Selena were first spotted out at an IHOP date in December and she’s denied being anything more than friends ever since.

Do you think Jelena will withstand the fan hate or will it get between them? Does hearing Selena’s side of the situation make you feel for her? Sound off below!

Kirstin Benson

Obsessed with Jelena? Follow Kirstin on Twitter!

get me dating

Posted at 2:46 PM on May 16, 2013

Very good information. Lucky me I discovered your site by chance (stumbleupon). I have saved as a favorite for later!

biberfor le life

Posted at 8:26 AM on March 11, 2013

DUCK YOU ALL NIGSTERZZZZZ

Adil Naimar

Posted at 8:01 PM on December 4, 2012

ohhowwoø…
It’s Realy so sad.!!!
I think they are nøt macth .

Kelyann

Posted at 10:48 PM on November 11, 2012

I think they are the perfect match!

Skylar holly

Posted at 4:40 PM on June 17, 2012

They are so cute together why did they break up

Durncjtndnfnris

Posted at 8:20 PM on September 17, 2012

They never broke up still together

gianna

Posted at 7:07 PM on June 4, 2012

i like the picture of you guyz

angelyne

Posted at 7:05 PM on June 4, 2012

i like your guyzes pictures of you and your kids

mireya lopez

Posted at 2:16 PM on May 29, 2012

arent they just so cute together:))

Redd Love

Posted at 10:46 AM on March 22, 2013

I love that they are together. They relationship is to good.

scott

Posted at 2:31 AM on May 8, 2012

I personally think that the relationship isn’t the best, but I also think that oviously they both love each other and things will work out the way they do just like many other things and that people need to stop being haters on them just because they don’t like the idea or they hate one of them. I know things happen for a reason live and learn people.

person u dont no

Posted at 2:26 AM on May 8, 2012

I hate the idea of them being a couple but I don’t hate her for it I just don’t like Justin. But I’m not going to say all these horrible things that most people say just because she’s dating justin and they hate him or they like justin and hate her. Its her life she can do what she wants wih it.

rina

Posted at 9:44 AM on May 2, 2012

I love Justin and selena their my favourite celebs but honestly I don’t think they match a lot

Hannah

Posted at 4:50 PM on April 15, 2012

I love selena!!! Havent got into justin yet , but alll of my friends are in love with him!! Id love to meet selena and justin two of my favorite people and one the bestest cuples. Its great to become friends first and then let it evolve into something great and magical, like their relationshil!

industrial water softener

Posted at 2:22 PM on April 14, 2012

Woah this blog is great i really like studying your articles. Keep up the good work! You realize, many persons are searching around for this info, you could aid them greatly.

Stephanie

Posted at 5:47 PM on March 10, 2012

I love u justin. :-* selena I’m a fan. But I’m justin’s biggest fan

Alex

Posted at 5:52 PM on April 21, 2012

I don’t think soo .

angelyne

Posted at 7:04 PM on June 4, 2012

i just wanted to say you guyz are my favrote and im so happy your together