Remember belting out the 2001 hit ‘Lady Marmalade?’ Get ready because she’s back with a hot new single!
You’re probably wondering: where in the world has Mýa been hiding? The gorgeous songstress has been extremely busy over the past few months and she has a new single ‘Love is the Answer’ hitting stores Feb.8! She chatted with HollywoodLife.com and shared six little secrets about her life that we never knew!
- She has a new single coming out: My new single “Love is the Answer” is a collaboration with Super Producer and Cedric Gervais It will be on Cedric’s forthcoming album Miamication.
- She’s very hands-on: I have my own recording studio and label imprint, Planet 9, where I record, mix and engineer my own projects. I am very active in all aspects of my career from the actual production to the business. Control Freak? Sure, why not? Haha, knowledge is power!
- She makes her own costumes: I love to draw. I usually sketch my own costumes and have a tailor create my vision. Like during Winter Music Conference (which I will be attending again this year) I sat down and sketched my performance outfits and Gustavo of Zhantra in Miami created them.
- Her music is international: I will be releasing another Japan LP in March which includes my super glittery, roller-skating, fun J-pop single ‘Fabulous Life’ … but unlike Sugar & Spice. I’d like to release this album worldwide with what they call my main album to follow.
- She likes duets: I recorded an amazing song with Amanda Lepore, which I co-wrote with Cazwell for her album. It’s incredible!
- Self-explanatory: I love Maroon 5!