Meet Shiloh Fernandez, The Guy Who Was Almost Edward Cullen — Is He Hotter Than R-Patz?

Thu, January 27, 2011 7:36pm EDT by 25 Comments

Shiloh didn’t end up getting the Edward Cullen role but he has multiple Twilight connections!

Does this face scream Edward Cullen to you? Of course not! Edward Cullen is a role so fiercely inhabited by Robert Pattinson that it’s almost blasphemy to think about having someone else film the part. But actor Shiloh Fernandez reveals he tried out for the starring role in Twilight, way before anyone realized the fame it would bring.

“No one had any idea what ‘Twilight’ would become,” Shiloh tells V-MAN magazine via MTV. “At the time, it was just another audition. I didn’t realize I was missing out on stardom and giant paychecks.” And don’t forget kissing Kristen Stewart! If Shiloh had gotten the role, there might never be a Rob and Kristen. What a terrible thought.

“Now, looking back on it, I certainly wouldn’t have been mentally stable enough to deal with all that,” reveals Shiloh. “Lucky for me, not getting that part led to other work that was a much better fit for me.”

And coincidentally, that work involved some very important members of the Twilight crew! Catherine Hardwicke is directing Shiloh in the super sexy Little Red Riding Hood movie with Amanda Seyfried and Shiloh also stars opposite Ashley Greene in Skateland. Maybe some of that famous Twilight pixie dust will rub off on him!

Lorena O’Neil

twitter.com/lorenaoneil

Check out more Robert Pattinson stories!

1. Paul Giamatti Confirms He Will Be ‘Stalking’ Robert Pattinson in ‘Cosmopolitan’
  2. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Are Most Wanted — In The Art World That Is!
  3. Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart: Romantic Bike Rides In Baton Rogue!

Muslera (@RenataMuslera)

Posted at 10:46 AM on April 19, 2013

of course Shiloh is the hottest !

aiu

Posted at 11:53 PM on August 26, 2012

shiloh <3

dia na

Posted at 2:48 PM on June 13, 2011

ROBERT PATTINSON FOR EVER. Edward, Tyler, Jacob No matter what, I love Robert Pattinson.

Marina

Posted at 12:00 PM on May 6, 2011

Come on people you can’t actually believe that Robert it that beautiful!Most girls (including me) fell in love with him just because he played Edward,I don’t think we loved who he is or how he looks,we loved the idea of Edward,what he represented.I don’t think that he would have that attention if he hadn’t got that part.I’m not saying that he is not handsome,but for me Shiloh is way hotter than Robert.I wished he had taken the role of Edward…

karen

Posted at 10:58 PM on March 31, 2011

ROBERT PATTINSON AL THE WAY. taylor and shiloh are fuuuuuuuck
ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly,
if shilow is edward nobody see the movie.

Nene

Posted at 6:47 PM on March 31, 2011

The people who keep criticizing Rob based ons a few unflattering photos to see him in person! He is absolutely breathtaking beautiful! There’s a reason his co-stars, interviewers, fans and phototographers gush about how handsome he is. I’m sorry, but Shiloh is just ok looking. Rob has a special quality that Catherine Hardwicke was looking for when she was casting Twilight. Rob has an ethereal beauty and that’s why he was cast as Edward.

Stud

Posted at 10:39 PM on March 29, 2011

I’ve seen both in movie’s and pics and rob in person there both attractive in there own way but I gotta say rob’s still top in this game, in this pic, and in person and really I can’t go back and think that anyone else could play the part of Edward better than rob has and anyone who says that rob is ugly haha…clearly likes to hate on people or has jealousy issues or is in that whole team Edward team Jacob b.s which by way Edward wins….. Simply because he’s the star of the movie & because of that baby face rocker look that scream’s out “im hot yet I really don’t care” i’ll rock my messy hair where as Taylor and Shiloh have to work at it….

Nene

Posted at 6:52 PM on March 31, 2011

Ditto!

Aria

Posted at 8:30 AM on March 15, 2011

I must say, rob pattinson is waay ugly. like seriously, edward was supposed to be handsome. maybe people realized that by now after all the hype, and jacob is way cuter than him,which is not supposed to be in the books. also, i watched shiloh fernandez in red riding hood and he was totally hot. he is one fine dude. people who chose rob,have only seen this one pic above of shiloh and a photoshopped pic of rob. so i recommend you watch first red riding hood and see you change your minds about him. and rob is ugly, oh yeah i said that already.

Ivana

Posted at 5:04 PM on March 13, 2011

Shiloh is WAY better then Rob. He just looks so much sexier. He would have made a GREAT Edward Cullen. Rob looks at times a bit dorky. Shiloh is HOT!

sharneleaa

Posted at 2:43 PM on March 3, 2011

Rob all the way! he is amazing, and no just as edward cullen!

Undomiel

Posted at 10:35 PM on February 26, 2011

Robert Pattinson has something that is feline-like, which makes him look slightly animalistic and sexy. This is why he does fit into the character of Edward, though usually vampires are thinner creatures. Shiloh is handsome but he reminds me of the actors now a days, all look like they could work in Gossip. Now Robert has a certain Marlon Brando vibe, it is the eyes and a bit of the profile. Not that he is as gorgeous as Marlon, or as great of an actor. But he was the right one for Edward.

Dorinda

Posted at 9:08 AM on February 3, 2011

Sorry, but Shiloh does not have that edge. It’s funny the way he wears his hair. Does it remind you of anyone? I do not see him as Edward at all. I see him more in a role as one of the boys in the Outsiders. Looking in his eyes I feel something is off, not quite right. Not sure what it is but it makes me uncomfortable.

emoronica

Posted at 8:05 PM on February 2, 2011

rob 4eva

Emma

Posted at 1:19 PM on January 29, 2011

Rob all the way♥ Yeaah the other guys cute, but he dosent have that edwardness about him, Where as rob hes just awesome isnt he ;D xx And the other dude looks like hes trying to look hot where as rob always acts sillybut thas what i love about him ROB ROB ROB :D

megan

Posted at 2:30 AM on January 29, 2011

rob is better no matter how the guy is hot rob is hotter edward!!!!!!!!!!!

c

Posted at 10:05 AM on January 28, 2011

brenda, i agree with you 100%… if this guy had been the star i might have given twilight a chance

Brenda Itehua

Posted at 9:40 AM on January 28, 2011

they really made a big mistake I THING THE OTHER GUY IS WAY HOTTER i have never seen the movie cause rob disgusts me he looks so nasty I WOULD HAVE DEFINILY see the movie with the other guy on

Alyssa

Posted at 12:09 PM on August 26, 2011

I think so to i like shiloh way more i dream about him!! Soo hot i only like rob in the movies.

Alyssa

Posted at 12:12 PM on August 26, 2011

Shiloh would never be a good edward and rob would never be a good peter at all!!!

nanee

Posted at 10:31 PM on January 27, 2011

Edward Cullen เป็น Pattinson so hot hot

camila

Posted at 9:42 PM on January 27, 2011

I will love rob forever!!!!!!!! no matter other guys

Deb

Posted at 7:59 PM on January 27, 2011

He definately could have pulled it off, he is fine enough. But love Rob no matter what.

JJ

Posted at 7:41 PM on January 29, 2012

Just for you guys know, Shiloh was supposed to be Edward. He turned down the deal, so the producers went out and found a close looking match to Shiloh. Shiloh WAS and still IS the original Edward Cullen. But, plays in a better movie ‘where he doesn’t sparkle’ Red Riding Hood. First case closed.
Second Case – He is just plain hotter, more natural and doesn’t need fans to make himself feel like Shiloh. Second case closed!
<3Shiloh<3

Swagg

Posted at 10:03 AM on January 30, 2012

Amen. Shiloh all the way!!!! I’m obsessed with Twilight but Robert Pattinson makes me sick but he was good in Water For Elephants. I’ve watched Red Riding Hood 5 times because of Shiloh.