The star couple is moving FAST and seriously say multiple sources. She’s introduced him to her family too — all the details!
Taylor Swift is falling head over heels for the sexy, and much older, Hollywood heartthrob Jake Gyllenhaal. The newly crowned “it” couple has been spotted at coffee shops in New York, LA, and even in Taylor’s hometown of Nashville over the past five weeks. Just check out the photo obtained by TMZ (above) of Jake and Taylor at a coffee shop in Nashville! But Taylor, who turns 21 on Dec. 13, is spreading her wings into an adult romance, say sources close to the blonde beauty. Her first serious step with her new beau? Taylor barely put down her suitcases in Nashville after a whirlwind promotional tour and a little rendezvous with Jake in London, when she left her parents to spend Thanksgiving with Jake!
“Jake invited her to New York [for Thanksgiving],” a source close to Taylor tells Us Weekly. “It wasn’t planned in advance, but she said, ‘Why not? I can do it, and I’m going. Her parents weren’t thrilled, but she explained to them that she gets to see them all the time and wasn’t able to spend much time with Jake during the publicity madness.”
Taylor arrived in New York and headed straight for Jake’s sister, Maggie Gyllenhaal‘s house in Park Slope, Brooklyn, where she arrived suitcases in hand. The source goes on to say Taylor fit right in with Jake’s family — his sister Maggie, her husband Peter Sarsgaard, their daughter Ramona, 4, and his mom, Naomi Foner — and she even helped cook!
“There was no diva behavior,” adds the source. “She pitches in to cook and and clear the dishes. She also seemed very interested in the family and asked them a lot of questions about themselves.”
And Taylor also brought Jake back with her to Nashville to complete the Thanksgiving festivities!
“She loves his family and he loves hers,” the source says.
But even though Taylor and Jake appear to be a perfect match, the source points out: “I’m not sure Jake is the love of her life. But right now, it does feel that way.”
What do you think HollywoodLifers: Are Jake and Taylor the real deal?
Are you totally behind on Jake & Taylor’s whirlwind romance? Here’s a timeline of their relationship:
- October 24: Taylor & Jake shocked all of us by going apple picking after visiting Saturday Night Live. They then went for their first coffee date at Gorilla Coffee in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
- November 1: The new couple spent their first romantic weekend together at Big Sur, a 100-acre Post Ranch Inn, and then were spotted having ice cream at McConnell’s in Santa Barbara, Calif.
- November 11: Taylor flew to London and holed up at the Dorchester hotel for his Love & Other Drugs press tour.
- November 24: Jake called Taylor and invited her to spend Thanksgiving with his family in New York! Taylor helped cook, took Maggie’s daughter Ramona for a walk, and even went on one of their signature coffee dates at Gorilla Coffee!
- November 26: Taylor brought Jake with her to Nashville to wrap up the holiday weekend. They bonded with her family and even went to the Gaylord Opryland hotel to look at Christmas decorations and then hit up the Garden Conservatory. But they managed to squeeze in a coffee date at Fido, and sources say they “looked cute together.”