'16 & Pregnant' Recap: Poor Christina! Baby Daddy Isiah's Family Pressures Her For A DNA Test!

Wed, December 1, 2010 1:16am EDT by 39 Comments

Isiah’s ready to step up & be a dad, but his family doesn’t trust Christina!

The Nov. 30 episode of 16 and Pregnant introduced us to new teen mom Christina! She grew up in Rochester, N.Y., but moved to Alabama during her junior year of high school — and that’s where she met and fell in love with the star of the football team, Isiah. But things spiralled out of control when the couple moved into Isiah’s Grandmother’s place, got married without telling anyone AND Isiah lost his football scholarship! Why? Because Christina became 16… and pregnant!

Baby daddy Isiah is ready for the responsibility, but his own grandmother thinks he should get a paternity test before he commits raising a kid that might not be his. Maybe G-ma thinks Isiah wasn’t the only football player who scored with Christina! Still, she swears there’s s no possible way it could be anyone else’s child.

Isiah’s family doesn’t make things easy for the parents-to-be, so the two start working on getting their own place — but Isiah thinks it’s a good idea to blow the couple’s entire $300 savings on car speakers! Christina isn’t too happy with that one, but as the baby’s due date approaches, Isiah gets serious about his role as a father and caregiver. And just in time, the couple finds a place they could afford a week before Christina’s due date.

After 26 hours of labor, Christina has a C-section, and thankfully Isiah is there to help Christina after the major surgery, but he eventually has to head back to work to provide for his new family. Both parents feel the stress of being responsible for a child and seem to miss being teenagers. Christina wishes she could leave the house more often, and Isiah reminisces about his days on the football field.

At the end of the episode, Isiah’s family has the couple over for dinner and ambushes Christina with a paternity test! She’s so insulted she takes baby Destiny and goes home. She and Isiah later talk it out and agree a paternity test should have been discussed privately, not at a family dinner.

Wow.

Here’s what you need to know about Christina:

1. Will she be a good mom? At one point, Christina said everyone expects new parents to become adults just because they’re going to have a child, but the fact is they’re still children. I think Christina will do the best she can, given the circumstances. Her mother is far away and she will always have to battle Isiah’s family, but I think her enthusiasm and excitement for motherhood is a good indication of how she’ll be as a mom. She’s dedicated to Destiny, but it’s obvious she’s upset about not finishing school and teaching English to inner-city kids.
  2. What’s her family like? She doesn’t really have any family. Isiah’s family has really become the young couple’s support system, even though they haven’t made it easy for Isiah and Christina.
  3. How’s the baby daddy? Isiah is understanding and supportive. Even when his family doesn’t support the idea of Isiah becoming a father, he stands by his decision. But all these young dads have a difficulty understanding the importance of financial security. Isiah shouldn’t have spent all of that money on car speakers when he should have been thinking about getting a place for his new family. But once his daughter is born, Isiah starts to become serious about his role as a parent.
  4. How crazy is everyone? Isiah’s family is really difficult. His entire family is really cruel to Christina. His mother, grandmother and sister are all disappointed that Isiah is becoming a young father after having a great football scholarship. Even though his family disapproves, and STILL thinks he should get a paternity test, he stands by Christina and Destiny. It seems like his family’s strong opinions don’t effective him too much, though they do put a stress of the couple’s relationship.

— Alanna Finn

the best way to become pregnant

Posted at 4:21 PM on May 15, 2012

It is the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve learn this publish and if I may I desire to counsel you some attention-grabbing issues or suggestions. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to learn more things about it!

modern architecture photography

Posted at 11:30 AM on May 2, 2012

That is very attention-grabbing, You’re an excessively professional blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look ahead to in search of more of your great post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

printer service manuals

Posted at 3:45 PM on April 8, 2012

Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your web site by accident, and I am stunned why this accident did not took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

paternity

Posted at 7:40 PM on April 3, 2012

I have read a few excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you set to create one of these magnificent informative website.

Pc

Posted at 3:45 PM on April 1, 2012

I just like the helpful information you provide to your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check once more here frequently. I am relatively certain I will be told lots of new stuff proper right here! Good luck for the next!

slewis

Posted at 6:36 PM on March 7, 2012

Christina & isiah’s episode was one of my favorite episodes on 16 & Pregnant. They “SHOULD ” have been on TEEN MOM. Why is it that you ‘NEVER” have black couples on TEEN MOM??? I’ve been a huge fan since Day 1 but my friends & I have decided to stop watching because of this.

caramel05

Posted at 3:35 PM on January 3, 2012

I think isiah family should b more supportive of christina and destiny. Regardless of isiah not being able to go to college but they fell to realize it takes 2 to make a baby. They cant fault christina instead o f them being mean toward her they need to b talking to isiah about stepping up for his family. I think christina is doing a wonderful job as a mother. Always keep ur head up n continue to push for success for baby destiny.

Ashleigh

Posted at 3:55 PM on November 18, 2011

IM HAPPY SHE GRABBED HER BABY AN LEFT FROM THAT DNA TEST!

brianna

Posted at 8:12 PM on April 30, 2011

yall were qood parents !

Ciana Baltimore

Posted at 3:29 PM on May 15, 2011

I KNOW THERE GONNA MAKE GOOD PARENTS.

16&Preqo!

Posted at 2:16 PM on April 19, 2011

Maybee My Opinion Doesn’t Matter BUUUUT … Christinna && ` Isah Or Howevaa ` Yhoou Spell It Are Ganna Be GREAT Parent ! [= I Hope They Stay Together && `Dont let the stress of being parents ruin there relationship ! . . They were my favorite couple on 16 & pregnant so far ( i L O V E caytlyin & tyler Too ) now about hi parent & grandparents . . . they are JUST tickin up for there son , grandson . . they dont want him to go hi whiole life thinking he the father if hes NOT expesually since he gave up the one thing he loves . . . football !. i really hope thing go great for this oft spoken couple [= . . . ohhh & bout the death threats his family got … thats HORRIBLE !!! you dont kno the whole story peoplee .. BACK OFF …, i hope they end up on ‘Teen Mom’ Too

XoXo ~
A FAN !

princessJazmine

Posted at 10:11 PM on April 18, 2011

what i will like to say is christina know’s how her babydaddy is and the grandmother think’s oh she has been with a never man no she has not because that baby,that baby look’s like the daddy… i mean i would hate it if she would put out that dna test out i will be mad.

reality check

Posted at 3:43 PM on March 10, 2011

isiah i hope you get this seriously bro i mean bro pay attention to everything around you if you have a chance to play football do it. don’t play with your life she and the baby will be there always i was you at one point and blew it and my sweetheart left me and i am not doing what i love to do it’s like she waited till my chances in life where gone and then left so you might see what i mean when I say they will always be there but football won’t. the people thats telling you stay and take care of your baby are right but they are wrong as well for not trying to support you all the way through for the football scholarship.im telling you bro wake up just look in people eyes when you talk to them about that scholarship and if you are paying attention you will see what you need to see . just think about it if you could be pro foot ball player for your child to look up to in 5 maybe less years and be a very happy man or you could see how reality hits you hard after your chance has been blown and she leaves you.Your friends don’t even come around anymore you broke. your mama disappointed and you are working for peanuts .trust when i say DO NOT BLOW YOUR CHANCE . reality check take take this advice

L. mina

Posted at 8:34 PM on December 21, 2010

I think that Isiah has stepped up & his family Won’t even give him credit for being an honorable man. They should be ashamed of the way they have treated this young couple trying to do the right thing. Its tough in our society on kids having kids & they have enough stress already, they don’t need his family’s crap. I hope all works out for you both, I think you both will achieve your dreams, its just going to take you a bit longer than some people. Don’t let anyone get in the way of what is right for you. Y’all did the right thing & your daughter will respect you both when she’s old enough to understand.
Good Luck!

Ashtyn

Posted at 11:45 AM on December 5, 2010

Who said that because u get pregnant or get someone pregnant that u cant go to college or have to wait til you are 30 something to go? I’ve known plenty of single and married parents of young kids who went on to gradate college and grad school. They need to get some mentors that will encourage them to pursue their dreams. As for the family what can u say. Christina is way nicer then I would have been. If Isaiah had doubts he should have said something instead of letting his family influence his marriage. I didnt see any of them with spouses so how do they have any advice about anything. I can understand that they are upset about his decision but it was his decision. They both had sex not just Christina.

Medling family/friends+ A weak mind that is easily influenced= DIVORCE

He better seek credible resources before he has to pay that lovley child support for having his family run off his wife and child.

Motherwifeandstudentlovinglife

Posted at 1:15 PM on December 6, 2010

I agree I regret getting preg right after high school and marrying but I am a full time student mother and wife and I am enjoying this life. To me its not hard at all. I also hate medling family and yes that has DIVORCE written all over it but Christina should have done just as I did with my husband’s family and got them in check. I left them looking dumb and now they worship the ground I stand/walk on. Its all about gaining respect and staying respectful at the same time. Great comment btw…

Meg

Posted at 7:49 PM on December 4, 2010

Go figure she was raised in Rochester NY

AAAJ25

Posted at 9:22 PM on December 7, 2010

By this comment, you mean the actions on some people . RIGHT

shelia

Posted at 9:21 PM on December 3, 2010

Mother of three boys is so correct. First Cristina’s own family is not involved in her life and has not been there to help this young couple. Grand mother, even though she does not like the girl, allowed the girl to stay in her house and provide food and shelter for her. Christina seems to have some cultural issues as at no time did I see her relating to a black female as a friend beside Isiah’s sister who changes her opinion of Christina mid program. There is something missing and i would have liked to know why her mother was not involved and how could see leave her daughter with people who are strangers. A lot of things are being left out in this story and most of the ‘teens’ are upset because of what grand mother says but failed to think why the grandmother reacts the way she does. Most adults have witness first hand the manipulation that can occur in a relationship when one person has an agenda and the other person cannot see it.

motherof3boys

Posted at 11:40 AM on December 3, 2010

The mother and grandmother obviously has sense enough to raise a respectful smart young man who had a pretty bright future ahead of him. Isiah is articulate and poised for 18! Given this, I don’t think his family is acting like this in a vacuum. You never know what they already know about Christina. As a mother of 3 boys, I am becoming increasingly tuned into situations where the girls are not always angels. This is a reality. There are girls looking to take advantage of a boy’s innocence, future dreams, etc, as much as there are no good boys interfering with young girls dreams. Look at it, this girl isn’t even working! All she talks about is how Isiah caters to her after each “traumatic” experience she has! What married grown couple can afford to have one parent not work? How the heck does she think she can be a “kept” woman when she is 16 with a baby? Not reality to expect parents who’ve invested in a child to not show disappointment. Not reality to live with them and expect them to cater to you. Not reality to not want to work. And not reality to sit by and let the “person you love” give up his scholarship, then get upset because you can’t finish your degree.

She claims she’s a virgin at 16. It’s 2010, and sad to say, many of those don’t exist. If you don’t believe it, just talk to any middleschool or highschool nurse.

Something is being left out in the editing. I don’t think these people are as crazy as they’re being made to look. As a mother of all boys, I’ve had no choice but to take note of how society has chosen to overlook the manipulative, abusive women in situations like this.

Mommz

Posted at 1:47 PM on December 3, 2010

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!!! Let me add that i am happy to see the young men who accept their responsibility like a man. You have a family now and not just a baby.If more young men realized that they would maybe have less children out of wedlock. Christina cannot and should not have to take care of your seed alone, that means more that just child support. I have two sons ages 19 and 17. I believe in marriage if this happens. With that said, if i had a daughter in Christina’s situation i probably would have advised her to let him take the scholarship and get a college degree. My husband and I would have supported her and the baby in the hope that she would also seek a college degree so that they both have the skills needed to secure employment in the future.

Ashtyn

Posted at 11:32 AM on December 5, 2010

Not everyone at 16 is having sex. It maybe a lot that you hea about but there are still people who keep their v-card despite the cultural norm. So that is not hard to believe.

KimW

Posted at 8:10 AM on December 6, 2010

You sound really stupid

FL_Viewer

Posted at 2:08 PM on December 2, 2010

I don’t believe how many people are against the way the Mom/Gma treated Christina. She admitted before that she has cheated on Isiah yet in front of the camera she denies it. If she had nothing to hide she could have done the DNA test off camera and at there OWN house instead of with the entire family.

Mommz

Posted at 1:53 PM on December 3, 2010

Oh yeah and Isaiah’s G-mother is absolutely on point. Paternity test have to become a staple like the pampers and formula these young men to have work hard to pay for. He has to buy diapers and she has to take a dna test!!!!!

EsqBailey

Posted at 8:12 AM on December 6, 2010

If you couldn’t see the difference between her being hurt over Isaiah’s lack of a backbone and her not wanting to take the test because she was afraid of the paternity test, then you’re clearly blind. Isaiah should’ve been the one to ask for the test, not his grandmother. That’s the problem with society now. Overly vocal, “strong” mother figures taking all of the voice, fight, and MAN out of the males.

Princess

Posted at 2:36 AM on December 2, 2010

I think Christinna is a strong young woman. Isiah’s family’s attitude was definately uncalled for. The mother is rude, the sister is phony and fake, and as for the grandmother… words really can’t explain how ignorant she acted!! Destiny is a beautiful baby and she really does not need all of that drama around her!

OLOGY

Posted at 3:10 PM on December 1, 2010

Last night’s episode of 16 and pregnant was bananas!!!I was flabbergasted by Isiah’s grandmother, especially when she couldn’t even directly talk to Christinna. That lady was a trip! I couldn’t believe his family kept grilling Christinna on whether if the baby was his or not and moreover, they accused her of messing up Isiah’s life. Isiah has as much fault in this as much as Christinna does. To his credit, I did appreciate that Isiah stepped up to the plate towards the end of the show. More baby daddies (both young and of age) need to do that more. They seriously need to implement more sex-education courses in high school. This is getting out of hand.

Crystal

Posted at 1:49 PM on December 1, 2010

Isiah’s family seems to be a bunch of idiots. I talked this episode over with a couple of people and they seem to believe that it’s about the potential for Isiah to make money with a potential(not guaranteed) football career in the long run. I agree somewhat with that statement. I also believe that they seem to place the blame on Christinna and not on him. They are both at fault for not using protection. So to Isiah’s family, his $h!t stinks. I agree with Charity. This is how some deadbeat fathers are created. Let the boy grow to become a man. Otherwise when he is 40 and sponging off the family I strongly doubt they would appreciate that and would be more than happy to ship him to some poor woman who would be fool enough to take care of the sorry mess they are trying to create. By the way Isiah’s family, there are other options. I really don’t believe that Isiah giving up his football scholarship is about him receiving an education as clearly he seems to be doing that. If playing football is what this is really about, he can always try out for arena football and work his way into pro if he wanted to. FYI playing college football is not a guarantee to pro-football. There are my college football players who don’t make it into the league. Grow up, you all seem to be a prime example of what the african american community does not want or need to see. You all should be embarrASSed.

Mommz

Posted at 2:02 PM on December 3, 2010

Chrystal misses the entire boat. This is not about the NFL. If my son were in this situation and Christina was the scholarship worthy athelete i would suggest he stay and raise the baby and she go get the degree if she would/could do it that way. If he had been offered a job in alaska on an oil rig “EVERYONE” would tell her let him take it and he will send money to u and the baby. WOW. What does that really mean….we just want these boys to pay the way for the baby momma. Not Fair.

shadababes

Posted at 5:14 PM on December 7, 2010

What i don’t get mommz is that his grandma and mother seems so vocal about this girl drawing him in with those big pretty eyes, long natural hair, and making him loose his partial scholarship to some pretty much no name college. But where were all those voices when they should have been drilling into his head no condom plus penis in vigina and coming in her equal pregancy. Where were those voices that said yes son or yes grandson you can play foot ball but can you do math, do you understand sicene can you actually read on a 12 grade level or are you more then just brawns but do you have the brains to back it up. Because if those voices were there I’m 99% sure that A.) there would be no kid. B.) it wouldn’t be a partial scholarship but a full one because he would also be a credit to their school not just with football but academically. C.) if she did get pregant because he didn’t have enough common sense to take 2 seconds to strap up the college then would have lowered his full scholarship to a partial one . I mean im 21 myself and I know school is about knowledge not about how fast you can score a touch down just saying.

Charity

Posted at 2:17 AM on December 1, 2010

I know that the family won’t read this but I feel terrible for how they treat Christinna, they act as if she is some working prostitute that he knocked up. Its so funny how they all flocked to the hospital when she was giving birth making her believe that everything would be okay with them. They they form a lynch mob to try and force a DNA test on him. To me I feel like its an invasion of her privacy, being so involved in her sex life is ridiculous. If Isiah had a doubt that Destiny was his Christinna would be obliged to provide him with a DNA test. But he hasn’t made it seem like he had doubts so I wonder why they are so hung up on it. No wonder their are so many deadbeat fathers in the world, look at his family their is not any male father figure around them at all, not a grandfather for him, or a father. Not to mention his grandma looks young enough to be his mother so I imagine she and his mom were both spring chickens when they had their children. You’d think they’d have sympathy for Christinna and what she will face being a young mother. I’m embarrassed for them they looked like a bunch of fools on TV, and I got upset with Isiah too for letting them gang up on her, I know what it feels like to have people on you case and having no one on your side. I wish them both the best of luck with being parents, its a hard road I’m, but I am the product of a teen mother and a deadbeat father and I say Destiny is a lucky girl she already has one up on me. By the way my mom is a Dr. of education and teaching just like Christinna wants too. she had 2 kids by the age of 17. I am 23, married, and getting my master’s degree in December, my brother is a correctional officers. So raising good child is possible even for young mothers they just need to be strong and persistent.

Mommz

Posted at 2:09 PM on December 3, 2010

If you are as educated as u say u are u would realize it doesn’t matter how it’s packaged. His grandmother might not look like i look or say it like i’d say it. But, she is a realist who will be the one Christina can count on most to call a spade a spade. I would wager that she won’t mince words when Isaiah is wrong as well. The ambush was awful but the intention of the family was good. Get the test out of the way and get on to taking care of your family.

EsqBailey

Posted at 8:15 AM on December 6, 2010

HE should have asked for it. He needed to be a man and ask her, not let his mother, grandmother, and sister speak up for him. If you don’t see how hurt she was over her HUSBAND’s silence, then what show were you watching? It wasn’t about the test, it was about the way he handled the situation.

wow

Posted at 9:38 AM on December 13, 2010

I don’t understand why everyone is making her out to be the hero. They were BOTH wrong in this situation. Also everyone is trying to make him be a man and keeps calling her a young girl. Really they are both kids, so duh that is why it is hard for him to confront her. He really is not a man yet. Moreover, that girl is being manipulative. He knows if he asks her for the test she is going to flip and then scream and yell and probably not do it anyway. Also the reason the family got involved is because SHE promised that she was going to do the DNA test. SHE told the grandmother I am going to bring these DNA results over here to show you. So in reality she got the family involved. I don’t think the family should have ambushed her, but I also think that she knows now that he wants the test and her refusal to bring it up and make him confront her is RIDICULOUS. Who would want to have to ask something like that. She heard him say yeah let’s go ahead and do it so when they got home she could have done it with him. She KNOWS he wants the test now and is still not doing it. CRAZINESS!!

princessJazmine

Posted at 10:06 PM on April 18, 2011

yea i believe u ha and that’s true it wasn’t about the test

Astonished

Posted at 2:58 PM on December 7, 2010

No. Certainly this family is resentful, but behaving like the worst kind of bullying, hatefull alleycats is hardly being realists. A realist would sit down with this couple and work out a way to both help raise this child and let the father accept responsibility and acept his scholarship. There is far too much value given in our society as of late – ‘telling it like is’ thinly disguised plain old nastiness and ill-bred street brawling. Enough. The son wishes to step up and take responsibility, as the mother of the baby has. The ‘real’ story is that the pregnancy is a fact, and the ‘real’ solution would be to find a way to help all concerned deal with their situation, not endlessly, endlessly, punish her. I was absolutely sickened at this display of rampant, uninterupted cruelty.

collegechick11

Posted at 1:54 AM on December 1, 2010

I believe they will make good parents, considering the circumstances. It was very mature for Isiah to give up his football scholarship, and obviously he loves Christina very much because he stayed, and even married her. I think they will be successful and loving parents.

princessJazmine

Posted at 10:03 PM on April 18, 2011

what i don’t like is when the grandmom is very a controll freak over christina i hate it when she make’s her mad and think’s she is the mother noo …