Do Bust-Firming Creams Really Work? We Asked The Experts

Mon, November 15, 2010 8:30am EST by 26 Comments

iStockWhether it’s because of pregnancy and breast feeding or just the natural causes of gravity, breasts don’t stay perky forever.

There’s a slew of creams and formulas on store shelves that claim to make breasts firmer and just as youthful as they were when you were a teenager. We asked doctors about the truth behind these lotions and potions. Do they really give you the bang for the buck?

If you take a look at the ingredients in breast firming products, the list normally includes moisturizers like cocoa or shea butter and hyaluronic acid or antioxidants like vitamin E. While these ingredients can improve the skin’s tone and texture, they don’t have the ability to to firm or tighten the skin.

“None of the bust firming creams on the market have scientific data to prove that they work,” says Dr. Marianna Blyumin-Karasik of the Baumann Cosmetic and Research Institute. “So they may advertise that they have ingredients that theoretically improve skin quality and then lead to firming, but they have no evidence to back it up.”

But there is still hope. “The most important thing to do to keep your breasts perky is to wear a very supportive sports bra when you work out and use a mild prescription retinoid such as tretinoin on the breasts that can help firm by building collagen,” says Dr. Leslie Baumann of skintypesolutions.com.

Even though retinoids have a permanent effect, you can’t use them while pregnant or breastfeeding because you need to ensure that they don’t get into the breast milk. While pregnant, try Aveeno Ageless Vitality Night Cream. It has an electric charge that may stimulate cells to make more elastic tissue that may help prevent sagging. Dr. Baumann says this is proven on the eyelids and worth a shot.

–Jeannine Morris

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

jai

Posted at 6:28 AM on December 3, 2014

use inlife Brest firming cream or use aryanveda refirm gel this can reduce and firm.

vic

Posted at 1:13 PM on September 14, 2014

How can my breasts be firm again plz help me I need your reply

Sinazo

Posted at 4:59 AM on September 9, 2014

Help guys what can I buy that will help to lift my breast

Sinazo

Posted at 4:57 AM on September 9, 2014

Help guys what can i buy to lift my breast

red dog pet resort & spa

Posted at 6:28 PM on August 9, 2014

Hello there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my
friends. I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this site.

priti

Posted at 5:06 AM on March 27, 2014

Need the name of an effctibe firming cream which can lift up shaggy breast….

Naz

Posted at 9:53 PM on March 2, 2014

Pls tv permanent solution to tighten my breast I am 28 yr old due to breast feeding I lost the elasticity pls pls help

catherine

Posted at 1:51 AM on January 25, 2014

Hi Doc.Am 24yrs old with average size boobs but sagged.Can i get more on breast firming please?

marly

Posted at 10:44 AM on November 20, 2013

larger breasts like mine tend to sag easier than small ones which makes the correct braw size as well as breast firming gymnastics very important. however the letter one will cause stretch marks if we do not do something against them; which i didn’t do at first that caused a tiny one below the nipple of my left breast. but then i got the yellow danaefabiene stretch mark cream that has done a great job so far. scientifically proven or not my breasts look nicer.

kamal

Posted at 4:15 AM on November 11, 2013

i want to buy this how i can buy this reply me

Martha

Posted at 4:15 PM on August 11, 2013

Pls i have a very small breast and am 23 and i don’t know what to do about it. Pls somebody help me

augusta

Posted at 8:09 AM on July 21, 2013

am 22yrs bt my breast is already sagged what can i do 2 make it luk attractive

%anchor_text%

Posted at 6:38 AM on May 14, 2013

Everything is very open with a very clear clarification of
the issues. It was truly informative. Your site is very useful.
Thanks for sharing!

gold

Posted at 1:34 PM on March 22, 2013

Am just 23 my breast its already saggy my boy friend is complaing seriously wat can I do,wat cream can I use

serendipitous

Posted at 9:44 PM on June 28, 2013

Get a new boyfriend

Neha

Posted at 5:15 AM on March 11, 2013

hey Bee, it seems the URL that u have shared has some error in it as when put for viewing nothing appears as expected. Could you please reshare your site so that it helps us too. Thanks. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

news feed

Posted at 4:55 AM on February 11, 2013

Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

raju

Posted at 3:30 AM on October 5, 2012

breast tightening cream

raju

Posted at 3:34 AM on October 5, 2012

i am 30 year 1 child 7yar …. i because breast tyghting cream

exhausted

Posted at 3:29 AM on April 4, 2012

I am having the same problem as Dammy. I’m only 23, and my breasts are not at all firm, very frustrating. What can I do to actually help? I know they will never b perfect, I just want to fix them up a little.

Dammy

Posted at 10:49 AM on October 8, 2011

Hi. What about young unmarried girls with sagging breast? I’m just 23 and i can barely recall when they were ever firm. What kind of exercises,diet or medicine do i need?

HADEOLA

Posted at 12:42 AM on August 20, 2012

Hw do one go about sagging breas and is athere a way to make them firm again?

HADEOLA

Posted at 12:43 AM on August 20, 2012

Can breast be firmed bak and wat step?

HADEOLA

Posted at 12:45 AM on August 20, 2012

What are d steps to make breast firm again?

bee

Posted at 8:45 PM on January 30, 2013

This is something that has helped be with my sagging breast . The changes after reading this was great I am hhttp://917197p85ap9su7fd0i4vahn2v.hop.clickbank.net/appy with it.

bee

Posted at 8:47 PM on January 30, 2013

This is something that has helped be with my sagging breast . The changes after reading this was great I am happy with the results. hhttp://917197p85ap9su7fd0i4vahn2v.hop.clickbank.net/