EXCLUSIVE! Michelle Tractenberg Tells Us: I'm Sick of People Calling Me 'Fat!'

Mon, August 2, 2010 12:31pm EDT by 15 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

The striking actress doesn’t want her fans to get the wrong message, and I couldn’t agree more!

We got to catch up with actress Michelle Trachtenberg at week two of the Mercedes-Benz Polo Challenge on Jul. 31 at Blue Star Jets field in Bridgehampton, where she took a break from filming Gossip Girl and openly expressed her frustration over being called fat — and considering how great the actress looked, wearing a flowing floral Rebecca Taylor maxi dress standing in the shade while attendees mingled at the SWAGG Moblie Application lounge, I don’t blame her! “Look at me,” she said while grabbing both sides of her teeny waist, “Tell me, where am I fat?”

Honestly, I couldn’t agree with her more! I’ve seen her in person at multiple events and Michelle is a thin girl with a nice figure — I think it’s ridiculous that her body is constantly under scrutiny! The down to Earth star said at the end of the day, it’s all about how it effects her fans. “It isn’t even about me, it’s about the message it sends to normal girls,” she said. “Some girl in Middle America is gonna pick up [a tabloid] and say, ‘Oh Michelle is my favorite actress and they think she’s fat, what does that say about me?’”

I don’t know about you, but I’m so happy the articulate actress is trying to send a positive message to her fans — especially with the slew of celebs who seem to be withering away! What do you think?

-Katrina Mitzeliotis

Check out what’s hot from our BFFs at Glamour.com

1. The Best Celebrity Weddings of 2010
  2. 9 Secrets to Keeping the Spark in Your Relationship –Even If You Live Together
  3. 9 Outfits You Should Never (Ever) Wear on a Date
  4. 8 Secret Sexy Beauty Spots (To Show Off Now!)

Dbag

Posted at 7:12 AM on March 22, 2013

Fat and annoying.

Lil Malkie

Posted at 11:03 PM on September 23, 2013

You know, reading a lot of these comments about how Michelle “isn’t fat in the traditional sense” or how she’s “skinny fat”, helps me understand why we need a new plague. And that’s not even mentioning the braincell- deprived trolls who are only here to leave their oh-so-intellectual responses of ‘lulz, she’s FAT!’. This only proves that we can’t have anything nice in this species and world. We can’t judge young actresses on the merit of her talents and instead on her appearance and some idiotic decision by society to gauge her attractiveness against an arbitrary list of traits. Grow the hell up, people; but to those asking why her appearance should merit such “discussion” and see no point to it, I say congratulations and that you actually get it.

Mae

Posted at 8:12 PM on January 13, 2013

She is not fat in the traditional sense. I think she is skinny fat. her arms are very floppy. She needs to toned up. She is small in size, but she doesn’t look fit. She probably has a high percentage of fat on her body than muscles.

Steve

Posted at 6:52 PM on August 16, 2010

Michelle is not fat by any stretch. She is a very attractive young lady and a great actress. She is the only reason I started watching Gossip Girl

susan

Posted at 11:28 AM on August 5, 2010

Compare her to the girl behind her in the black skirt. I wouldnt even really call that girl fat either. Sheesh go to walmart and see some awesome examples of what fat really is.

Jake

Posted at 10:14 PM on August 4, 2010

She’s fat.

tracey

Posted at 7:44 PM on August 4, 2010

how exactly is she fat???? gay men need to stop designing clothes. i have nothing against gay men, but the ones who design clothes seem to like a certain kind of model. one who looks like a scrawny little boy. real women have curves. we have boobs and hips, we have to have them, in order to have children. we need to be healthy and not fat, but we are supposed to have cushy bits. people need to get a grip and relaz.

errolhordecker

Posted at 1:49 AM on August 4, 2010

Who is Michelle kidding? That girl is a chubby little fatass. Lay off the f’ing donuts Michelle!

guest

Posted at 1:38 AM on August 4, 2010

The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.

tricia helfer

Posted at 1:38 AM on August 4, 2010

what people?
“constantly under scrutiny”?

I’ve never seen or read anything about her weight, or her for that matter.

Self promotion at it’s finest.

Leelou

Posted at 11:02 PM on August 3, 2010

It is really sad when media outlets or whoever they are, call this girl fat. If an actress is thin but not stick thin, they call her fat but when she trys to put on a little weight (mainly I think to get them to leave her alone), then they call her fat. They never win. No wonder these women have such issues with their looks. So she’s fat? Well, they just insulted more then half the women in America who would love to have her figure. A**holes. I personally always liked this actress cause I was a Buffy the Vampire fan and I think she is a beautiful girl with a great figure. I am not much bigger then her, hate to see what these people would call me. You know what gets me? Have you ever seen these people making these comments? More then half of them are potbellied, balding middle aged men (and even women). Who are they to dare call her fat?

Come on Michelle

Posted at 2:12 AM on August 3, 2010

Michelle has gained a significant amount of weight in the past two years – she may not be fat but she is certainly thick. See:

If Michelle really wants to show us she isn’t fat she should bikini up.

MM

Posted at 12:05 AM on August 3, 2010

Nope, she is not fat, she’s a small, pale girl. But even if she was, guess what? That would be okay, too! Fat does not equal bad or ugly. It’s just fat. Don’t be scared!

Krys

Posted at 11:44 PM on August 2, 2010

She looks great – def NOT fat!

beau

Posted at 1:26 PM on August 2, 2010

I agree with everything she said. Michelle is definitely not fat, she’s has a healthy figure. On Gossip Girl, she wore dresses that showed that she had curves and was still slim. I guess anyone can be called fat if you’re standing next to Taylor Momsen, but Michelle couldn’t be further away from being fat.