Robert Pattinson Confirms He’s Not Playing Kurt Cobain & Calls Courtney Love A ‘D*ck’ For Dissing Him!

Mon, July 12, 2010 12:25pm EDT by 28 Comments
Fame Pictures, Getty Images

Fame Pictures, Getty Images

Courtney said that casting Rob to play her deceased rocker hubby was a “stupid” decision – and he’s furious at her rude remarks!

Courtney Love was so enraged by the reports that Robert Pattinson was being considered to play her deceased hubby Kurt Cobain that she called the situation “stupid” and “just wrong.” But now R-Patz is fighting back and calling Courtney on her own BS!

“I love Nirvana, but I love them a bit too much – I’d be embarrassed [to play Kurt Cobain],” the 24-year-old British hunk told UK’s The Mirror of playing the Nirvana frontman, who committed suicide in 1994. He admitted, “I didn’t get offered it. For one thing, I’m too tall, and I can’t sing like him, I’m nothing like him. It’s ridiculous.”

But although Rob admits he was wrong for the role, he’s pissed off that Courtney dissed him so hard in the press. “You see all these comments, like from Courtney Love, saying, ‘What the f*ck! He’s totally wrong for it’, and I’m like, ‘I f*cking said no, you d*ck!”

The 46-year-old former Hole singer was pretty brutal in her criticism of the Twilight star, telling The Canadian Press, “Isn’t that so stupid, who would cast [Rob]? That’s just wrong. But isn’t [the thought of him playing Kurt] silly?”

Good for you, Rob! Way to call Courtney on her rudeness! And for the record – we think you’d make an awesome Kurt Cobain…you’ve got the sexy, brooding, musician thing down pat!

Russ Weakland

Anonymous

Posted at 3:19 PM on July 5, 2012

1)I’m not a huge Pattinson fan, but he’s a very talented actor and although I wouldn’t like anyone playing Kurt Cobain he’s one of the best to do this
2)Courtney is indeed a dick
3)Adressed to Courtney Love: At least Pattinson is good at something and he knows what he’s capable of…

Leslie

Posted at 2:25 PM on March 26, 2011

I do remember reading somewhere that she actually wanted him to play Kurt, so now I’m just confused…

They’re never going to find the right person to play Kurt. It’s impossible.

Anonymous

Posted at 3:21 PM on July 5, 2012

Indeed…

Lena

Posted at 3:45 PM on September 20, 2010

yep! courtney love has the right to say hwo is playing kurt cobain ! she know’s him the best!! everyone can say what they want but courtney should decide if he is right for the role! no actors should decide if their right for the role!
robpatison does not look as curt! curt has long dirtyblond hair .. and he has brown?

And i can’t believe that rob patisson could say that! she is almost 50 give her some respect.

rip curt cobain

emilina

Posted at 8:23 PM on July 14, 2010

Although I don’t think that the way either of the two lashed out was appropriate, I think Courtney Love has every right to say who she thinks would be right or wrong for the role of Kurt, as she was married to him and obviously knew him well. I’m not saying her actions were justified, because I think she could’ve handled it a lot better. But she has every right to voice her opinion on the matter.

kris

Posted at 10:02 PM on September 5, 2010

Courtney has the right to decide who’s playing Kurt because she’s a producer of the movie. She stepped in the project just to choose the cast and aprove the script. So if she thinks Pattinson isn’t right to play Cobain he won’t be playing Kurt. End of the story. No need to deny obvious bull*hit Pattinson

VegasJay

Posted at 1:04 PM on July 14, 2010

Is there any possibility that Courtney, now pushing 50 really hard could just die somewhere. That dried up B is just on my last nerve. Who even knows who she is except for her dead boyfriend from the 90s. Please, Courtney, adios….

RoslynSelene

Posted at 6:03 PM on July 13, 2010

Rob didn’t say this. I don’t believe this story one bit. He has too much class to say something like that. =O)

kurt rules

Posted at 3:47 PM on July 13, 2010

well first of all pattison is not a good actor………and i totaly agree with courtney…..its a releif to me to find out patti….what ever his name is….is not playing kurt in the movie…..all the movies that guy whos name will not be mentioned again …..has ruined every single movie he has been apart of.

mp

Posted at 6:21 PM on July 13, 2010

no he hasn’t you idiot

Anonymous

Posted at 3:34 PM on July 5, 2012

Except for twilight all his other movies are perfect..there’s.just some people who know nothing of good cinema and just watch blockbusters…and I’m not robsessed or anything of the kind…I’m just objective so… good comment

MISSY

Posted at 8:42 AM on July 14, 2010

NO he hasn’t TWILIGHT is 1 of the best movies out there and all the girls love him so get ur f*ckin fact right….most ppz love twilight because he is in it and of cuase kristen 2!

emilina

Posted at 8:29 PM on July 14, 2010

Whoa, a little intense there. I’m a 15 year old girl. I’ve read Twilight, and I liked it. However, Twilight is not one of “the best movies out there” and I know plenty of girls who want nothing to do with him. I personally think he ruined Twilight and that him and Kristen are both mediocre actors who will eventually be dubbed “One-Hit Wonders”.

emilina

Posted at 8:26 PM on July 14, 2010

I agree.. He’s not the best actor around… and waaaaay wrong for the role of Cobain. None of Pattinson’s roles will be remembered as anything special 20 years from now…

Me

Posted at 8:44 AM on July 13, 2010

Kurt Cobain’s daughter’s name is Frances Bean Cobain btw.

Me

Posted at 8:41 AM on July 13, 2010

Rob has never, that I know of ever spoken about someone like that – publicly. Rob’s got too much class to act/speak like that. Chill y’all.

just my opinion

Posted at 1:14 AM on July 13, 2010

K something is off, cause first he says ..”I didn’t get offered it” (meaning the role)..and then it says he said “”I F-ing said No!”(to the offer of the role he wasn’t offered…??)…why do I get the feeling this is like a mash up of stuff he said, but was about completely different topics?

marc

Posted at 12:40 AM on July 13, 2010

ok i just found the perfect kurt,i sware,plzzz check this out im not bluffing,he is in a tribute band called nervanahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E8cGR0TO70

Natalhy

Posted at 8:47 PM on July 12, 2010

I know Rob didnt say that but even if he had isnt he in his right dat woman is a total b**ch
Way to go ROB!!! love him ;)

kelly

Posted at 8:05 PM on July 12, 2010

courtney love is nasty thats the only way to describe her. what better way to draw attention to something then drag rob’s name in it.

femroc

Posted at 7:40 PM on July 12, 2010

Go Rob – he didn’t call her OUT – he just mentioned this statement in an interview and of course it gets all blown out of proportion.

Jen

Posted at 5:35 PM on July 12, 2010

I wouldn’t blame him but I am thinking he was probably misquoted again. Probably they both were. This is an old story anyway.

urss

Posted at 5:26 PM on July 12, 2010

I m happy rob said sumthin abt dis whole controversy..i support him coz courtney was d one who started al dis bullsh*t….so thumbs up to rob coz courtney deserve dis..:p

mp

Posted at 4:55 PM on July 12, 2010

Didn’t her daughter,can’t remember her name, want to meet Rob at one point. Maybe her comment had something to do with that but definitely Rob should have commented on her rudeness. But maybe she’s dissed him to get back at him because he didn’t want anything to do with her.Plus if she disses him she gets her 2 more seconds of fame just like she’s still does by riding on Kurt Cobain’s fame. Face it without Kurt cobain would Courtney LOve ever been famous? Probably not. She’s sooooo sad.

rsd

Posted at 3:27 PM on July 12, 2010

Some famous drug addict takes the easy way out, and suddenly he is too big for Rob to play him on film. I’m glad Rob said what he said. He is just as big on his own right. Additionally, he is beautiful, and sweet, and brave; and has good moral values, based on what I see and hear. There are far better choices of characters for him to play, and he is doing just fine picking them – which is why he turned this one down.

Jasmine

Posted at 3:06 PM on July 12, 2010

It works both ways…if you can’t take it then don’t dish it. So it was definately fair for Rob to take a shot at Courtney for insulting him first. Now, had she answered more politely without the bashing then there wouldn’t have been any problem but since she decided to slam him instead…now she got dissed. His comment was funny imo. lol

Leelou

Posted at 12:48 PM on July 12, 2010

I am not a Rob obsessed fan but it was pretty rude of Love to say that. Specially when she didnt even know the truth. These celebs or former celebs in her case need to get their sh*t straight before opening their mouths. Even once they do get it straight they need to take some courses on class before spouting off their ignorance. Love needs to sober up and get some class. I dont read much on Pattinson but he always seems kinda quiet and nice. To see him stick up for himself was kinda cool. Most celebs wont come out and say stuff like that. They just keep quiet or make sly little hints. He just came out and talked about it. Good for him for taking up Love on her own bullsh*t.

smiles

Posted at 12:34 PM on July 12, 2010

Yes! Of course he was right that Courtney girl is a b***ch . There was no need for her to be rude to rob if she didn’t know it was for certain.So F**ck her.