EXCLUSIVE! It’s Time To Pull A Sandra, Jaime — You Should Ditch Your Cheating Husband, David Boreanaz!

Tue, May 4, 2010 5:49pm EDT by 8 Comments
BauerGriffin.com

BauerGriffin.com

Three experts agree that it will be nearly impossible for David to change his adulterous ways and avoid having affairs in the future. Best to get out while you can, Jaime!

David Boreanaz has joined the ranks of philandering celebrity males Tiger Woods, Jesse James and David Letterman by admitting — after he was outed (natch) — that he was unfaithful to his wife of eight years, Jaime Bergman. HollywoodLife.com spoke with three top relationship experts who all believe the same thing: David’s not going to change his ways.

“The guy’s a loser,” Steve Ward, the host of VH1’s Tough Love: Couples and CEO of Master Matchmakers, tells us May 4. “I’d tell [Jaime] to move on. He doesn’t deserve her. If he hadn’t gotten caught, he probably would have continued to cheat…with other women.”

Although he hasn’t yet named his girlfriend, the 40-year-old Bones actor reportedly had an affair with Tiger Woods’ alleged number one mistress, Rachel Uchitel, while his wife was pregnant with their second child.

In an interview with People May 3, the supposedly sorry husband and father claimed he’s still struggling to fix his relationship with his wife. “We’re working on our marriage,” he admitted. “We’re working on repairing what has been damaged so badly.”

However, Beverly Hills-based psychologist and celebrity expert Dr. Shirley Impellizzerri wonders how sincere David’s apology really was…and if it’s even possible for him to change this late in the game.

“Once you’ve done it once, unless there’s a drastic change, there’s no reason you wouldn’t do it again,” she says, explaining, “Actors, especially, get tempted all the time with some of the most beautiful people in the world. It’s very, very difficult.”

Should Jaime give up on her marriage altogether? Our experts say that while reconciliation is a possibility, it’s not going to be a walk in the park.

“[David] needs to give her some time and space to determine if she can rebuild the trust. I think people can forgive different transgressions. But who knows if she’s able to get past it? That’s going to take awhile,” New York-based relationship expert Amanda Kane tells us.

“Everything is possible, but it’s gong to take a long time,” Dr. Shirley agrees. “It’s going to be completely based on his behavior. She’s gong to have to be open to trusting him, but his behavior is going to have to match his words.”

In other words, “[David] is not going to be able break wind without [Jaime's] permission,” Steve says.

Before Jaime sends her philandering hubby packing, she also has to consider what’s best for their two children, 8-year-old son Jaden and 8-month-old daughter, Bardot. Experts say it’s only healthy for the parents to stay together for the children if they maintain a loving, kind environment — not one where the mom and dad can’t stand each other.

“People seem to think for the kids’ sake you stay together — but if there’s animosity and disrespect, that’s NEVER better for the kids,” Dr. Shirley tells us. “Staying together and being in a contemptuous relationship is never the best thing for the kids.”

Steve agrees, explaining, “Sometimes the best thing you could ever do for your kids is break up. Just because you’re a poor wife or husband doesn’t mean you have to be a bad mom or dad.”

–Kirstin Benson

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

needtoknow

Posted at 3:40 PM on May 5, 2010

sorry to blow your bubble but Jaime knew about his cheating since the Tiger Woods affair, seems she is coping well from their public appearences.

ohnohedint

Posted at 7:52 PM on May 4, 2010

When did he confess to cheating? I guess I missed that. They’re a cute couple – too bad he blew it.

betina

Posted at 7:50 PM on May 4, 2010

He’s a loser. I’m so over these people. Man, it’s an epidemic.

ruby tuesday

Posted at 7:42 PM on May 4, 2010

I always liked David, especially in Angel. But there is no way I would stay with my husband after I knew that he cheated on me. I feel like at that point the marriage compact is already over, he broke it, and after that there is just the paper work.

Maddie

Posted at 7:29 PM on May 4, 2010

OMG and WTF!!! What has happened to monogamy?!?! I almost feel like the best way to get press in Hollywood, jump on the TigerTrain ( no puns intended there) Relationships are hard work no matter who you are or what you do for a living. Adding cheating to the mix is pretty much doom,Especially when your in the public in and your private pain and humiliation is tossed around for the whole world to judge. Some people manage to get through it and make it work. Personally if I stayed in a marriage after catching my husband cheating it would just be so I could see his face every day as I made his life a living hell.. :) But that’s just me.

Sheenagh

Posted at 10:28 AM on May 5, 2010

I Agree! Now, I would love to see the wives start to sue these sluts. That is the only way it will stop and that Gloria Allred will go away. She is just another media hound that wants her ugly face in the news by supporting these whores for money. It is all about money. Jaime’s legal address seems to be Utah, who permits a wife to sue the woman that is screwing her husband. Go for it Jamie and set an example of a strong woman. The lady in North Carolina got a good 10 million from a woman that was having an affair with her husband. Ruined that sluts day [I bet the husband wasn't too happy either].

xoxocardinal

Posted at 6:34 PM on May 4, 2010

I don’t care about either of these people quite frankly. He cheated forever ago, and she definitely knew. No point in leaving your meal ticket now.

Joy

Posted at 6:57 PM on July 30, 2010

Well said! She knew his history when they got married back in 2001 (which was really only because she was pregnant anyway). Although that doesn’t mean Jaime deserves to get cheated on, she knew what she was getting herself into when she married David. He cheated on his first wife too and he’s been cheating on this one for years – most of their marriage. Love him – huge fan of his, but I’m not blind. He WON’T change.