Whitney Collings sadly passed away, her mother confirmed via Facebook. Learn more about the ‘Bad Girls Club’ star here.
Whitney Collings is dead at just 33 yers old. The Bad Girls Club stars’ death was sadly confirmed by her mother Linda Houghton Collings via Facebook on Friday, Dec. 4. “I am completely broken and will never get over this. Life is so unfair. She was kind with a big heart,” Linda posted to her page, changing her profile photo to one of her and her daughter. Whitney reportedly passed away in a hospital near Boston and the medical examiner has yet to determine her cause of death, TMZ reports. Learn more about Whitney here.
1. She was on Bad Girls Club. Whitney was best known for her appearance on season three of the Oxygen series, which aired when she was just 21-years-old. On the show, she was known as “The Straight Shooter.” Best known for her humor, she never turned down a fight — which eventually lead to her being off the series: Whitney was asked to leave after kicking cast mate Amber Meade in a face.
“I’m really glad [I did the show]. It was an opportunity of a lifetime,” she said in a 2009 interview with Reality Wanted. “Good or bad, you just have to go with it. I would definitely do it again. I don’t have any regrets,” she confessed.
2. She was from Boston. Whitney was proudly from Boston, Massachusetts — which she often talked about on Bad Girls Club. The 33-year-old was raised in the projects of the east coast city, which she credited to shaping her tough-as-nails, no-nonsense attitude.
3. She was set to be in a movie. Whitney talked about film Summer of the Saint in the same 2009 interview, in which she was set to play character Maria in the Italian mafia themed flick. Although she called the movie “an opportunity of a lifetime,” the film never finished production. She worked in sales after her reality TV life, but was open to returning to another similar show. “Yeah, I would do another reality show,” she confirmed in 2009.
4. She had a tattoo. The former reality star has a tattoo of Pablo Bean, according to her iMDB profile.
5. She’s not the first to tragically die from Bad Girls Club. Demitra ‘Mimi’ Roche sadly passed away at just 34-years-old just months prior to Whitney’s death. “I’m at a loss for words,” record producer and founder of Volhalla Entertainment Vince Valholla tweeted on Wednesday, July 22. “Don’t know what to say. Mimi was kind to everyone she came across. She was big dreamer & was a part of our Valholla family. I’m heartbroken by the news of her passing. I’m thankful I got to know & work w/ her. My thoughts are with her family & loved ones,” he added.