Shay Shariatzadeh, the woman spotted arm-in-arm with John Cena, works in the video surveillance industry as a product manager!
UPDATE (7/23/19, 2:00 a.m. ET): Four months after romance rumors started swirling about John Cena and Shay Shariatzadeh, they attended a taping of WWE Raw — “Raw Reunion” — on July 22, according to Us Weekly (a source EXCLUSIVELY confirmed this with HollywoodLife). “They’ve been dating a few months,” the insider told us.
The identity of the woman John Cena was on a date with on Mar. 27 has finally been revealed. Here’s everything we know about Shay Shariatzadeh, a successful engineer in the Vancouver area.
1. Shay lives in Vancouver. She is product manager at Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions Company. “I interviewed multiple Product Managers to figure out how they got into their role, and I followed their path,” she said in a profile on Avigilon‘s website. “Today, I take pride working in the video surveillance industry because our products help keep people and their assets safe, and that’s my little contribution to our world.”
2. She studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of British Columbia, where she received a bachelor’s degree in 2013, according to E! Online. “I have always enjoyed math and physics,” she continued on Avigilon’s site. “My brother studied engineering in school, and I remember one day he came home with a project and it was an autonomous car — and that was it! I decided to study Engineering.”
3. Her mom has been a source of inspiration for her. “The strongest and most hard working woman I know is my mother. The biggest lesson she taught me was to be independent and fight for the things I want in life,” Shay added. “She is the reason I fight to be the best version of myself, to be kind and to never give up—because, despite all the hardship, she always smiled. She is my hero.”
4. Since Oct. 2013, she’s been a Mentor for her alma mater. Part of her duties as a Mentor include developing and maintaining “connections to UBC and contribute to efforts to build a stronger industry and community,” and contributing “to the future of engineering and technology by assisting the next generation of leaders,” according to her LinkedIn.
5. She was spotted having a four-hour dinner with John. While the two were seen all smiles, a source close to John told us that nothing is serious as of yet between the two.