Ashley Jones is reportedly the newest mother to join the cast of Teen Mom 2, but she’s not new to the Teen Mom franchise. The 23-year-old MTV star made her debut on Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant, and now, she’s moving on to Teen Mom 2, which sources close to production told PEOPLE on Dec. 4. Ashley would be following in the footsteps of her former co-star, Jade Cline, who also made the jump between the two sister shows!
In addition to Jade, Ashley will be co-starring alongside Teen Mom 2 stars Kailyn Lowry, Leah Messer and Briana DeJesus if this report is true (Chelsea Houska announced her exit on Nov. 10). HollywoodLife has reached out to MTV for comment. Now, learn more about the newest reported addition to the Teen Mom 2 cast:
1. Ashley made her Teen Mom debut in 2018: Ashley was one of the five first-time moms selected to star on MTV’s new series Teen Mom: Young and Pregnant for its premiere in 2018. The young mom made a memorable impression right away. In a video confessional released before the show aired, Ashley said, “I like things my way. And if it’s not my way then it is most definitely the highway.”
2. Ashley has a young daughter, Holly: Ashley is the proud mom of her three-year-old daughter, Holly! The first season of Teen Mom: Young & Pregnant followed Ashley’s pregnancy journey and the birth of her first child, whom she welcomed on Sept. 16, 2018.
3. She’s now engaged to Holly’s father, Bariki “Bar” Smith: Ashley and Bar were high school sweethearts, but the couple had many ups and downs that were documented on TV. Holly’s parents ultimately called off their engagement in the first season of Teen Mom: Young & Pregnant, and Ashley told a fan curious about her relationship status that she was “doing me” in an Instagram Q&A in March of 2020. However, the lovers eventually found their way back to one another later that year, and Bar confirmed that he’s “marrying” Ashley in an Instagram video posted in Nov. 2020 — see below!
4. Ashley runs her own skincare line: Teen Mom isn’t her only hustle! Ashley is the founder of Sirens Arch, a homemade skincare line offering products for hair, body and lips. Ashley was inspired to launch the business after having Holly, which she explained in the company’s bio: “You may know me from Teen Mom, but I am blessed to have grown into my own ! I’ve learned and leaned into my passion for natural skin/ body care after having my daughter Holly, who has dry sensitive skin. Every product I sell, I also use on myself and my family. I hope you love them as much as we do!”
5. Ashley is a Bay Area native: She makes it clear that she hails from Northern California — “not LA” — in her Instagram bio!Click to Subscribe to Get Our Free HollywoodLife Daily Newsletter to get the hottest celeb news.