It sounds like this might truly be the ‘most dramatic season’ of ‘The Bachelor’ yet, as a new report claims Peter Weber was rushed to the hospital after suffering a ‘serious’ injury while in Costa Rica.
UPDATE 10/8/19 8:30pm ET: The Bachelor host Chris Harrison posted to his Instagram that, “There’s been some wild claims and rumors about Peter today. Peter suffered a freak accident. He got a cut on his head, he did get stitches but he’s 100% OK and production is already back underway. He’s still the dashing, handsome pilot we’ve all dreamed of.”
Yikes! Peter Weber “suffered a serious injury” while on location in Costa Rica for Season 24 of The Bachelor, Us Weekly reports. The site claims the 28-year-old pilot “split open his face” while golfing on Oct. 7. “It was a two-hour drive from the course to the hospital in San Jose; he got 22 stitches in his face,” a source told Us Weekly. Apparently, Peter cut his face on two glasses that he was carrying, and “the reason he traveled for two hours to a hospital was that this specific hospital had a surgeon that specialized in his injuries. He underwent surgery.”
Fortunately, the contestants hadn’t arrived in Costa Rica yet, so they weren’t on site when Peter suffered from his injury, but Us Weekly claims the women, who are currently competing for Peter’s heart, were en route to join Peter in Costa Rica on Tuesday, Oct. 8. And now, producers are panicking over how to proceed after his accident.
As we previously shared with you, Peter was named the newest star of The Bachelor during the Bachelor In Paradise Season 6 reunion last month. And that news came after Peter made headlines for having sex with Bachelorette star Hannah Brown in a windmill while filming her season of the franchise. He finished the season as the second runner-up, and he started filming The Bachelor in September.
After the announcement, and before filming started, Peter told Ellen DeGeneres during the Sept. 18 episode of her talk show, “I’m just ready to immerse myself in this journey and hopefully come out with fiancée at the end … I’m ready to move on and I’m ready to find my girl, and I’m very hopeful this is going to work out.”
HollywoodLife has reached out to ABC for comment, but we did not receive an immediate response. The Bachelor is currently set to return to ABC on January 6 at 8 pm ET.