Even though Julia Michaels scored a 2018 Grammy nomination for Best New Artist, she’s no rookie on the music scene. Find out more about her, here!
Watch out world, Julia Michaels is taking over the music scene! At only 24-years-old, she has written songs for Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Fifth Harmony, and Gwen Stefani. With a Grammy Nomination for Best New Artist under her belt, and a hit single that was certified triple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America, it looks like Julia may just become the next big thing! Don’t be surprised if you see her on a stage near you in the not too distant future. Want to know more about her? Here’s what we know:
- Her real name is Julia Carin Cavazos. Julia was born in Davenport, Iowa, but later moved to Santa Clarita, California. She was raised by her father, Juan Manual Cavazos, who changed his name to John Michaels to pursue a career in acting. We can also assume that’s where the name “Michaels” comes from!
- She has written songs for TV and film. When Julia was fourteen years old, she met fellow songwriter Joleen Belle. Together they wrote the theme song to Disney’s Austin and Ally.
- Julia released her first solo single, “Issues” in 2017. “Issues” scored the number 11 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and was certified triple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. “Issues” is also nominated for a Grammy for Best New Song.
- She co-wrote “Friends” by Justin Bieber. The song was also written by Justin Tranter. It charted on Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at number 20! A remix of “Friends” was released in October of 2017, and it features new vocals by Julia.
- Julia has performed on many big name tours. Julia was the opening act for Shawn Mendes’ Illuminate World Tour in 2017, Niall Horan’s Flicker World Tour in 2018, and Maroon 5’s Red Pill Blues Tour in 2018. What an incredible track record!
HollywoodLifers, did you know any of these facts on Julia Michaels? Let us know below!