Travis Scott will be performing at the Super Bowl in 2019 – learn more about the chart-topping rapper that swept Kylie off her feet inside!
If you aren’t familiar with his music, you might be wondering who Travis Scott, the rapper performing at the Super Bowl Halftime Show with Maroon 5, is. The creative behind Astroworld is a pretty big deal in the music world – learn more about the rapper below.
1. Travis Scott is a jack of many trades. The 26-year-old superstar, whose real name is Jacques Webster, Jr., is a rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer with mega-hits like “Goosebumps,” and “Antidote.” He’s always been insanely musically inclined, having learned to play the drums at age three and the piano at five. Travis even started producing beats at the age of 10. The artist surprisingly got his stage name from his uncle. “[He] was like my favorite relative,” Travis told Grantland. “I looked up to him. He always just had swag. Always made good decisions, good business decisions.”
2. The rapper is a father. The world changed on Super Bowl Sunday in 2018 when reality star Kylie Jenner, 21, shared a video announcing that she and Travis brought a baby girl into the world on Feb. 1, 2018! One-year-old Stormi Webster is absolutely adorable, and Travis has gone above and beyond for his sweet little girl.
3. Travis is one of Kanye West’s proteges. The G.O.O.D Music and Grand Hustle signee has worked with Yeezy on various occasions, proving team work makes the dream work! Travis has production credits on both of Kanye’s high-selling albums Yeezus and The Life of Pablo. On the other hand, Kanye also lent his talents to help produce Travis’s first two studio albums, Rodeo, and Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight. Now the two are connected even further – since Kanye is, of course, married to Kylie’s big sister Kim Kardashian, 38.
4. The Houston native wants to study at an Ivy League school. Travis has already accomplished so much at a young age, having earned the BET Hip Hop Award for People’s Champ in 2016, the Teen Choice Award for Choice EDM Song in 2017, and is nominated for Best Rap Album for Astroworld at the 2019 Grammy Awards. As far as the future goes, Travis revealed that he’s still motivated to further his education during Show Studio’s In Camera series. “Me and my friend Dozie are supposed to go to Harvard, go to architecture school at Harvard,” Travis shared. “I think after my third album [Astroworld], I’m going to do it after my third album.”
5. He legit hates sour cream. The first time Travis met Yeezy in studio ended up being a bit awkward — all because of this very dairy product. “First thing [Kanye] gave me was a Doritos taco from Taco Bell. He’s like, ‘Yo you want a taco?’ I was like, ‘Yeah!’ He gave it to me on this fancy ass platter, like some Hermès sh*t,” Travis joked to Complex. “What’s crazy is, I don’t eat like sour cream. So I opened it and that shit was loaded with sour cream! He’s like ‘Why aren’t you eating it?’ All my n****s know that sh*t would make me throw up. But I ate the whole sh*t!” Travis handled it like a champ!