Chris Soules has been hiding away at home after the fatal crash he was in. The former ‘Bachelor’ star has a scary future ahead that could involve jail time and he’s been wearing an ankle monitor, according to a new report!
Chris Soules has reportedly been holed up on his 6,000 acre farm since he crashed his pickup track into his longtime neighbor Kenneth Mosher‘s tractor that fatally killed him. “He’s been staying put,” a source told Us Weekly,” and surrounding himself with family.” The former Bachelor “had all but placed himself under house arrest” and has been forced to wear an ankle monitor before his preliminary hearing on May 2, according to the mag.
Chris has reportedly also had to surrender his passport “because he was deemed a flight risk,” an insider said. Chris’s lawyers have remained confident that the court will see that Chris was not at fault. “His attorneys are confident that once all the evidence is made public, it will show Chris Soules acted reasonable and did everything in his power to provide aid to Mr. Mosher,” Chris’s publicist Stan Rosenfield told Us Weekly.
As we previously reported, Chris called 911 from the scene after the his truck and his neighbor’s tractor into a ditch that ended up killing Kenneth. Chris checked his pulse and stayed with him until the EMTs arrived. He then left so his lawyers have argued that he did everything legally required of him. Chris stayed secluded up in his house for five hours before law enforcement arrived with a search warrant and charged him with leaving the scene of a fatal accident. “Chris may be subjected to a Class D felony, which is the lowest class of felony in Iowa and faces up to a 5 year prison term for fleeing the scene of a fatal car accident,” Attorney Nick Sarcone previously explained to HollywoodLife.com.
HollywoodLifers, do you think Chris should be under house arrest? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!