Thought you knew the whole story? Think again! On a Aug. 15, A&E will premiere a six-episode documentary series, ‘The Murder Of Laci Peterson,’ during which viewers will get a fresh look at the Scott Peterson trial.
A&E will premiere a new six-episode, limited documentary series, The Murder of Laci Peterson on Aug. 15, during which the special will feature new interviews with Scott Peterson from prison. This is the first time Scott is talking about the trial in over a decade. Did he really kill his wife, Laci Peterson? According to the trailer for the new series, there’s a specific lead authorities failed to follow, and one that may have proven Scott’s innocent. Want to know more about Scott before watching the new documentary series? Keep reading!
1. Why is Scott Peterson so famous? Infamous would probably be a better word to describe Scott Peterson, 44. The reason he’s so heavily talked about is because he was convicted of first-degree murder for killing his wife, Laci, who was 8 months pregnant at the time of her death. The couple had planned to name their son, Conner. Scott was arrested in 2003, but the trial itself is an even wilder story!
2. The murder trial was soooo drawn out! Laci was reported missing in December 2002 and it wasn’t until two years later that her husband was convicted of her murder. But here’s the thing, this was one of those cases where people had already made up their minds that Scott did it without hearing any hard facts or evidence. Nearly the entire city of Modesto, California believed he was guilty.
3. Did Scott ever confess? No he didn’t, but it were the inconsistencies in his stories that waved a red flag for police. It was also revealed on Jan. 17 that he had multiple affairs, most recently with Amber Frey. She told police that Scott told her he “lost his wife” — and mentioned nothing about her being missing.
4. Why did he do it? During a previous Dateline special in early 2017, one of Scott’s prosecutors, Birgit Fladager, said, “the reason for the murder was he didn’t want to be married anymore and he didn’t want to have a child. He wanted a different life. He didn’t want what he had.”
5. What happened to Laci and her unborn baby? A female body missing its hands, a foot, and head was found in the San Francisco Bay on April 14, 2003. Police identified it as Laci’s. They also found remains of a late term male pre-born baby in the same area just one day earlier. The San Francisco Bay is where Scott was boating the day of Laci’s disappearance.
HollywoodLifers, are you going to watch the Scott Peterson documentary series on A&E? Watch the trailer above!