Kendall Jenner & Bella Thorne both rocked Marilyn Monroe-inspired curls recently, & we love both of their looks so much! Kendall stars in the new ‘LOVE’ video with retro curls while Bella posted a sexy selfie with blonde curls & we can’t decide who rocked the look best. Either way we love the look & you can recreate it on your own!
Kendall Jenner, 21, and Bella Thorne, 19, both went totally retro recently and we’re obsessed! Kendall stars in the new LOVE magazine video shoot inspired by Marilyn Monroe and directed by Rankin. In the video, Kendall is rocking gorgeous 50s curls with a bold red lip and just a sheer little bra. Kendall’s gorgeous makeup was done by makeup artist, Lisa Eldridge, while her fabulous curls were done by Samantha Hillberby using Oribe products.
While we loved Kendall’s sexy video shoot, Bella also posted a photo of herself with a very similar look. Bella posted a pic of herself naked in bed with just a sheet wrapped around her and she has full blown platinum blonde hair done up in Marilyn curls — it’s amazing. Bella posted the sexy photo with the caption, “The body is meant to be seen not all covered up” #marilynmonroe #flashback”
If you want to get the old-Hollywood, retro 50s waves like these two beauties, Rodney Cutler, celebrity and editorial stylist, luckily shared his tips and tricks to get the look and you will not believe how easy it actually is. These are the 6 steps to getting the look:
1. “Prep hair with Cutler Protectant Treatment Spray ($24, Folica.com) form roots to end to heat protect and condition color-treated hair”
2. “Apply Cutler Volumizing Spray ($24, Folica.com), focusing on the roots, for added volume and hold”
3. “Blow dry hair smooth, parting heavily to one side and tucking behind the ear or pinning to create a sweeping effect”
4. “Curl the length of hair, away from face, using a 1 inch curling iron”
5. “Set curls with Redken Fashion Works 12 Hairspray“
6. “Gently soften the curls by breaking apart with your fingers or lightly with a boar bristle brush”
What do you guys think of this retro hairstyle? Will you try out this glam look on your own?