Haven’t been to Six Flags in a while? Well now’s the time for your next trip, because Magic Mountain just opened one of North America’s FIRST virtual reality coasters! Learn 5 things about The New Revolution, right here!
1. It’s an unparalleled new experience. The brand new virtual reality roller coaster is one of the first of its kind in North America! You’d be hard-pressed to find another roller coaster that utilizes a virtual reality headset to give you a fully immersive experience – especially so close to home!
2. The headsets might look familiar. That’s because they’re made with a very popular phone – the Samsung Galaxy! – placed in Gear VR, powered by Oculus headsets. That means that you could literally own the same headset at home!
3. It won’t make you nauseous. If you get sick on roller coasters, or even just in 3D movie theaters, you don’t have to worry about that on The New Revolution. Because the visuals on the headset are synced perfectly with the movement of the roller coaster, you won’t get dizzy like you would if you were watching while standing still.
4. It’s interactive! This isn’t a show you just sit back and watch! While riding on the roller coaster, you can turn your head and press a button on your headset to shoot at enemy spacecrafts and floating rocks. You’ll even get a score at the end. Trying to beat your friends just makes the whole experience even more fun!
5. There’s no extra cost. If you’re already headed to Six Flags Magic Mountain, there’s no reason NOT to try it out. The ride is free with your paid admission, including the use of the Samsung headsets! And don’t worry, they’re carefully cleaned between riders. Now get to it!
HollywoodLifers, are you a major thrill seeker? Do you plan to try out the new virtual reality coaster? Let us know!