Taraji P. Henson looked like a goddess at the Grammys! The ‘Empire’ star’s minimal makeup and sleek bob were so on point. Cookie Lyon would be so proud!
Taraji P. Henson, 46, kept things simple with her hair and makeup at the Grammys and looked absolutely flawless. The Empire star rocked a light pink matte lip and a gorgeous bronzed cheek. Her hair was slicked back behind her ears into a sleek bob.
Celebrity makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff breaks down her look:
- I always DERMAFlash before major award shows to remove build up and dead skin cells to reveal, radiant glowing skin. Since we just “flashed” before the NAACP Awards, skin was smooth and ready to receive a dose of nourishing skin care.
- I used Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift anti-aging spray, which gives an immediate plumping affect, followed by Glossier Super Bounce serum.
- Dior Airflash CC Primer with radiance boost was added so makeup lasts for hours.
- Perfect Blend by Ashunta Sheriff in Tan is my favorite foundation to use because its built in polymers smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and the buildable coverage gives a natural, glowing finish.
- I set makeup with MAC Blotting Powder in dark to keep it in place.
- I use Model In A Bottle sensitive skin formula to lock her look in for up to 16 hours. It also helps keep shine and sweat at bay under the bright lights.
- Brows are done using Damone Roberts Minx Brow Gel Pencil and Brow Gel in Clear to hold hairs in place.
- I highlight the brow area with Damone Roberts Peach Brow Highlight Pencil to give a slight lifted look.
- I used Glossier Haloscope in Topaz on cheekbones for her highlight. Fun Fact: I also used this product on eyelids, the bridge of the nose and legs for an all-over glow from within.
- For a pop of color, I used Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink on the apples only.
- After using Glossier Haloscope on the lids, I lined eyes on the waterline with MAC Onyx Gel Creme Liner and added House of Lashes Dollface False Eyelashes cut up in pieces to space out lashes for a pixie affect.
- I finished eyes with L’Oréal Butterfly Voluminous Mascara in Black on the top lashes to blend them together.
- I lined lips with MAC Lip Pencil in Plum and filled them in with MAC Retro Matte Lip Creme in Divine Divine and Flesh Stone mixed together to create a soft lilac shade.
Celebrity hairstylst Tymothe Wallace for Dove Hair also explains Taraji’s sleek look:
1. To create Taraji’s look, I started by shampooing her hair with Dove DermaCare Scalp Dryness & Itch Relief Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner ($4.99).
2. Once hair was cleansed, I pumped a dime-size amount of Dove Absolute Curls Surpreme Creme Serum ($5.99) into my hands and emulsified by rubbing them together before evenly distributing it throughout her hair from root to tip.
3. I then blew her hair out in sections, and flat ironed it to ensure it was super smooth and straight.
4. After the hair was completely straight, I cleaned up her undercut a bit, parted her hair down the middle, then applied more of the Dove Absolute Curls Surpreme Creme Serum ($5.99) from root to tip to help slick the hair down and boost shine.
5. Once her hair was smooth and straight, I added an excessive amount black bobby pins to secure her hair on either side, stacking them and crossing them over one another to from a unique and playful design.
6. Finally, I sprayed her entire head with Dove Style+Care Flexible Hold Hairspray (3.99) to complete the look and ensure her style stayed all night long.
HollywoodLifers, what did you think of Taraji’s beauty at the Grammys? Let us know!