Case closed! Brad Pitt has been cleared of any allegations that he abused his kids by the Department of Children and Family Services, which is a major victory in custody war with Angelina Jolie. Keep reading for more on this giant development.
This has to be the best news ever for Brad Pitt! According to a report by TMZ, the DCFS wrapped up its investigation Nov. 9 involving the incident where Brad allegedly physically harmed son Maddox, 15, aboard the family’s private jet Sept. 14, determining that he did not commit child abuse against the teen. The site says that, “Social workers interviewed Brad, Angelina, the kids and witnesses on the plane. Everyone cooperated in the investigation. No further action will be taken.” We can only imagine how much the Allied actor is celebrating this epic development!
The news that the DCFS investigation has concluded and cleared Brad, 52, of any wrongdoing is going to go a long way in his quest to get joint custody of his six children with Angelina Jolie, 41. She had initially filed for sole physical custody after making the allegations about Brad striking the boy during the argument. Now that he’s been cleared of any wrongdoing, a judge is going to look a lot more favorably towards the kids splitting their time between both parents since they’re officially not in any danger by being with their dad.
“The job of the DCFS is to make sure the children are in a safe and secure situation. As we said earlier this week, childcare professionals encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides that was in the best interest of the children. Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal,” a representative for Angelina tells HollywoodLife.com.
With closure in the child abuse case, it also clears the way for Brad to have more visits with his six children, which has to be such a welcome relief to the loving dad. While under the scope of the investigation, he was limited to heartbreakingly short windows of time with them, getting brief 90 minute visits under the supervision of a monitor from the DCFS. Now he can move forward in getting quality alone time with his kids — and much more of it!
HollywoodLifers, are you glad that Brad is now cleared of any abuse allegations? Do you think he’ll get joint custody of his kids?