What a night! Jimmy Kimmel took the Emmy Awards by storm on Sept. 18, and he absolutely killed it hosting the big show. From the goofy opening segment to his awkward practical joke, here are his five funniest moments of the night!
1. The amazing opening. From doing some carpool karaoke with James Corden to taking some advice (and a bad uber ride) from Jeb Bush to riding a dragon to the show with Khaleesi, Jimmy Kimmel’s opening sequence was one of the most epic we’ve ever seen!
2. His killer monologue. Jimmy poked fun of The People Vs. OJ Simpson (saying he thinks Cuba Gooding Jr. did it and teasing Marcia Clark for winning something for once), but he also got a little political joking about how diverse the Emmys are compared to the Oscars, he even asked all people of color in the audience to give the white people a hug! He took it to the next level by blaming Apprentice producer Mark Burnett for Donald Trump, and says he’s going to throw him “over the wall”! It was funny, topical and a little edgy and we LOVED it.
3. When he punk’d the audience. When the show came back from commercial break, the announcer said that Bill Cosby was coming to present an award. People waited with bated breath until Jimmy awkwardly walked out and said “don’t worry he’s not really here I just wanted to see what you guys would do.” INSANE!
4. When his mom made PB&J for everyone. Jimmy’s mom made 7,000 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the audience, and he enlisted the help of the Stranger Things stars on bikes to help him distribute them. He also took the opportunity to mock gluten-free celebs (calling them annoying) and peanut allergies.
5. When Matt Damon trolled him. Right after Jimmy lost for Variety Talk Series, Matt came out to mock him (and reignite their old feud) while chomping on an apple. Too funny!
HollywoodLifers, how do you think Jimmy did hosting the Emmys? Share your thoughts with us!