Get it, girl! Amy Schumer looked awesome on the red carpet at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards on Sept. 18 — but we always knew she cleaned up nicely. The ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ star and author strutted her stuff in a sexy one-shouldered gown, and wowed with a smokey eye look.
Amy Schumer, 35, gave a shocking interview on the Emmys red carpet, but we’d be amiss if we didn’t break down her awesome beauty look, too. Hairstylist Kim Gueldner used Kenra haircare before twisting the comedian’s blonde locks in a pretty, low bun — love it! Makeup artist Andrea Tiller used Chanel products to give Amy a full-on smokey eye complete with voluminous lashes. How pretty is this woman?!
Kim told HollywoodLife.com how she created Amy’s hairdo:
1. I began by applying NEW Kenra Platinum Snail CC Creme ($25) to damp hair from roots to ends. This product is wonderful because you can use it every day to strengthen and protect hair over time. It’s super light, and doesn’t weigh hair down at all, so it’s perfect for layering under other stylers.
2. Next, I sprayed Kenra Professional Root Lifting Spray ($16) on the front sections of her hair at the roots for some lift.
3. I applied Kenra Platinum Hot Spray ($20) at the ends, and blew her hair out with a Mason Pearson brush.
4. Once hair was completely dry, I applied Kenra Platinum Revive Oil ($28) to the ends and passed over 2-inch sections with a flat iron.
5. I pulled hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, securing with an elastic. I then split the ponytail into two sections, wrapped the sections around themselves and pinned the look in place.
6. I held the look in place by spraying NEW Kenra Platinum HiDEF Hairspray ($23) all over, which provides a matte hold so hair stays in place all night long.
Andrea told HollywoodLife.com how she achieved Amy’s makeup look:
I warmed up the complexion with CHANEL Le Teint Ultra Tenue Ultrawear Flawless Foundation in a mix of 42 Beige Rosé and 50 Beige. I love this foundation because it has good coverage and staying power. I bronzed and slightly sculpted the cheeks, then added CHANEL Powder Blush in Rose Ecrin for that perfect kissed-by-a-rose flush.
For the eye look, I used CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Tissé Paris. I brushed the palette’s lightest shade across the whole eyelid, then applied the pink shadow on the socket line, extending it out in an almond shape. I added a smoky effect with a small amount of the grey shadow. To finish, I followed the same steps along the lower lashes, followed by liner and waterproof mascara.
I wanted to keep her lips very pretty and soft. I used CHANEL Rouge Allure Ink Matte Liquid Lip Colour in Amoureux (available end of September), then added CHANEL Glossimer in Rose Tendre for the perfect shine.
Andrea also used Ardell Lashes for Amy’s look.
HollywoodLifers, did you love Amy’s hair and makeup at the Emmys? Tell us if you thought she had the best beauty look on the carpet!