Olivia rocked a braided mohawk ponytail in NYC on Sept. 11 and now her hairstylist is sharing the exact how to! It’s easy and looks totally fresh and cool.
Olivia Culpo rocked this look at a dinner celebrating the launch of Ben Taverniti’s Unravel Project, hosted by Barneys on Sept. 11.
The stylist behind the cool look? Justine Marjan — we just did a Facebook live hair tutorial with her!
Read how to get the exact look below!
“1. Prep damp hair with MarulaOil Rare Oil Style Extending Primer, then blow-dry with the MarulaOil Classic Dressing Brush to smooth roots and create voluminous ends.
2. Spray MarulaOil Rare Oil Perfecting Hairspray throughout dry hair, then brush through to prep before styling – the MarulaOil Rare Oil Perfecting Hairspray is ideal for this style because it gives soft, flexible hold while spreading nourishing and frizz-fighting marula oil throughout.
3. Next, use a Neuro Tools Unclipped Cone (1.25”) to curl small sections of the hair in alternate directions.
4. Create a center mohawk section, and clip the rest of the hair away. Create a reverse French braid in the mohawk section, then pull hair into a high pony, securing with a hair elastic.
5. Apply a small amount of MarulaOil Rare Oil Treatment Oil to the roots of remaining hair.
6. Spray your MarulaOil Classic Dressing Brush with MarulaOil Rare Oil Perfecting Hairspray, then brush the sides of the hair up to join the hair into the center braid and high pony, securing with another elastic. Repeat with bottom section of hair.
7. Wrap a small piece of hair around the base of the pony to hide the elastic, and secure with a bobby pin underneath.
8. Spray the MarulaOil Classic Dressing Brush with more MarulaOil Rare Oil Perfecting Hairspray, then lift the ponytail and backbrush to create additional volume. Place two large french pins underneath the base of the pony for added lift.
9. Finish with MarulaOil Rare Oil Perfecting Hairspray for hold, and apply more MarulaOil Rare Oil Treatment Oil to the sides for added shine.”
HollywoodLifers, do you love Olivia Culpo’s braided ponytail?