Undone waves and soft, delicate makeup are what I have been seeing at show after show as I travel around NYC going backstage at NYFW. Here are expert tips on how to get the exact, cool-girl look without trying too hard.
At Erin Fetherston‘s Spring 2017 NYFW show, the beauty inspiration was conceived by Kelli J. Bartlett, GLAMSQUAD Director of Makeup Artistry.
“Earthy, ethereal elegance” was met with an “easy, lived-in low-maintenance quality.”
She recommends prepping skin with Skyn Iceland beauty balm and a refreshing under eye treatment.
Use a foundation like IT Cosmetics CC cream “applied with a beauty blender saturated with Skyn Iceland Arctic Face Mist and sheered down to barely-there but glowy coverage.”
Get a natural contour by using a deeper shade of the CC cream.
Brows were kept “bushy and natural” thanks to Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows Gel.
Eyes were kept earthy in tone, with Kelli using “a matte bronzer to draw out the contour of the crease and under-eye.”
The team used IT Cosmetics Tightline Full Lash Length Mascara on the top lashes only for a feathery look.
Kelli adds: “Lips should be well hydrated and a natural tone. For an extra glow, use Skyn Iceland Arctic Face Oil around the orbital bone, bridge of the nose and cupid’s bow.”
As for the hair, Joseph DiMaggio, Master Session Ambassador for Davines North America, told us: “This Spring/Summer 2017 collection was very true to her quintessential style and we wanted the hair to pay homage to that same lightness and ease. I gave the girls undone waves, echoing the effortlessness of a second or third day blowout. I also wanted to play to each girl’s different hair textures, and the final result was a bit disheveled, but still cool girl chic. This experience was truly a dream come true, and I could not have been more thankful to take part it in.”
Here is the easy step by step:
“1. Create a center part and apply Davines Your Hair Assistant Blowdry Primer to the root, layering the product onto the hair.
2. Blowdry the hair with your fingers, beginning at the top to smoothen and seal the cuticle.
3. Starting from one side, take vertical sections of the hair and apply Davines More Inside This Is A Dry Texturizer and brush to distribute.
4. Take those vertical sections again and use a ¾ – 1 inch wand to create a back and forth wave – wrapping the hair once in front for a few seconds and then behind.
5. Continue to do this until you reach the ends of the hair, which will be left straighter.
6. Once you’re done working the wand throughout the hair, lightly brush out the top and hand tousle to finish.”
HollywoodLifers, are you loving this undone, not-trying-too-hard hair and makeup look?