The full video of what went down on the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ premiere is here, showing the scary moment when protesters rushed the stage after Ryan Lochte finished his dance! Watch here.
During the show, cameras stayed on Carrie Ann Inaba as she critiqued Ryan Lochte and Cheryl Burke’s routine, but a scuffle could be heard in the background, as she urged someone to “back off!” Now, a full video of what went on behind the camera has been released, and it shows security tackling the two protesters who tried to rush toward the Olympian in the middle of the ballroom. The video was shown during Good Morning America on Sept. 13, the morning following the premiere that was unlike anything we’ve seen before
— Good Morning America (@GMA) September 13, 2016
DWTS was forced to take an unplanned commercial break when the two men rushed the stage. And, as we previously told you, dancer Derek Hough, 31, defended Ryan after the scary incident — he was actually the one who first ran out, yelling, “get them out of here,” which we have to commend!
“This is my home and I was just so shocked that people would come here and be so negative,” Derek told People magazine after the show. “This is a safe place for people to learn a new skill and seek redemption or start a new chapter in their life and that’s what Ryan is trying to do and I just felt so defensive that someone would try and ruin that for him and for everyone watching, so I took it upon myself to make sure they were escorted out. I wanted to protect my home.”
Luckily, everyone is okay following the incident but understandably so, the whole cast, as well as the audience, was very shaken up following the shocking surprise.
HollywoodLifers, what did you think of everything that went down?