Band of Outsiders is all about the no-makeup look for S/S 2017, which is music to our ears! At the Sept. 10 show during New York Fashion Week, the models looked fresh-faced and youthful. Maybelline lead artist Grace Lee broke down the look for HollywoodLife.com right here!
“We didn’t want it to be about a heavy makeup look, ” Grace Lee told HollywoodLife.com. Here’s how she achieved the the natural beauty that we saw at Band of Outsiders!
1. For skin, Grace used the Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation. “It’s a more opaque foundation. It gives a lot of coverage, but you can sheer it out,” Grace told us.
2. Grace gave the models a groomed, bushy “boy” brow with the Maybelline Brow Drama Pro Palette, with the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara to keep the brows in place.
3. Lower lashlines received a swipe of the Maybelline Eyestudio Master Precise Skinny Gel Pencil. “We just lined the bottom part of the lashline to give the eyes a bit of definition,” Grace explained.
4. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara was used on the lashes. Very pretty!
5. Grace used highlighter on the inner corners of the eye, bridge of the nose, high planes of the cheekbones and cupid’s bow. “I’m a real sucker for highlighting,” she laughed. She used the highlighter from the Maybelline Master Camo Palette.
6. On the cheeks and lips, Grace applied the “Mauve It” shade of Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds Lipstick. Using lipstick on your cheeks can seem daunting, but Grace had the best tips! “Smile — these are the juiciest part of your cheeks, that’s where you want to concentrate the color,” she told us. “Rub it in and blend it outwards towards your ears. You don’t want to go too close to the nose.” And if you mess up? “You can always use a damp Beauty Blender to dab it off,” Grace advised.
HollywoodLifers, will you try this look at home?