Mac lovers, rejoice! The holidays have come early for you in the form of the annual Apple Keynote event, where the head honchos over at Mac share all the new gadgets, devices and programs coming from the company Steve Jobs built. Rumor has it, a brand new iPhone is debuting, along with a new Nintendo collaboration. Follow along with out live-blog to learn more!
Tim Cook kicked off the event with an amazing jam session with James Corden doing carpool karaoke. The best since Adele! Lol! After the intro, it was down to business, showing off the advancements of Apple Music, as well as touting that revamp of its design launching with iOS 10. Speaking of new things coming with iOS 10, here’s the big Nintendo news: Mario is coming to your iPhone! This marks the first time the plumber will be featured in a smartphone game.
Next, time for the next generation of Apple Watch! The new watches and watchOS 3 will bring a lot of improvements to current user experience. Top priority? Pokemon Go for your wrist! Yes, now you can play along from your Apple Watch! The new Series 2 includes the new ‘swim proof’
The S2 features a dual processor that’s 50% faster! A Night Sky is an app that lets you track the planets, and Apple has added at 60 frames a second! They’ve even added second generation display, that’s the brightest display they’ve had, with a built-in GPS. You can actually hit start and begin your workout and there’s a map that’s color-coded to help you map out your distance. The first-ever hiking app on the watch is now featured on the S2, making workouts easier than ever too.
The S2 comes illuminum, stainless steal and a new material they’ve been working on — ceramic! The new white Apple watch in ceramic has a pearl-like, smooth finish. It’s 4 times harder than stainless steel. They’ve offered S2 in Hermés models too! AH! There’s two new bands as well. The styles seem to be endless! It’s faster, brighter,water resistant and has a built-in GPS.
Apple has partnered with Nike! And they think this watch is perfect, especially for runners. Apple watch Nike Plus features a stretchy, light band that’s paired with their light-weight illuminum case. The president of Nike took the stage to explain more about the new Nike Plus watch. He calls it the “perfect running partner.” They believe it delivers the best running experience that gives you a short cut into your run by being able to tell Siri that you want to start running, and the watch will begin the exercise. The watch will personalize motivational running invitations to get you up and moving too. It will send you messages that fit your lifestyle based on what you’ve done with the watch. Every Sunday the watch will invite you to run with others all over the world, it’s called “Just Do It Sundays.” The watch will also put you as part of the Nike Plus run club. It will give you access to runs all over the world. The Nike Plus watch is available in four amazing colors, will be priced at $369.
Their original Apple watch will also have the same dual processor that’s 50% faster, that starts at just $269 dollars! You can pre-order both watches on Sept. 9, and they will go on sale the following week. Nike plus will go on sale in late October and is also $269.
Next up — iPhone! They are about to launch iOS 10! You can lift your iPhone to wake it, and there’s Siri capability to apps from the app store. There’s a quick type keyboard with texting prediction. Maps has been resigned, and you can book a reservation or ride without leaving the map section
Home-kit; You can manage devices throughout your home from the control center and Siri even when you’re not home. You just have to look for the label works with Apple Home-kit to access everything!
Messages: You can chance the behavior and meaning of your message with new bubble effects. There’s new stickers to place anywhere eon your messages and there’s screen effects of fireworks and more too, all without leaving messages.
iPhone 7’s NEW design: Singular shape, made with fewer parts. There’s 10 major features!
1. There’s a new design that has a new “jet-black, high gloss” finish. New antennas are barely visible. There’s a second new black that is simply “black.” it has a black iPhone logo. It comes in gold, silver and rose gold.
2. The home button: It’s more responsive and customizable. It’s now force sensitive, and there’s a new “taptic engine” that creates in real-time for a new feel. There’s unique taps and feels for certain things in your phone, like messages, ringtones, notifications and more.
3. Water and dust resistant: It is completely safe from water and dust, even if you fall in a pool with your phone in-hand…
4. Camera: It has a completely new camera system that’s more advanced. There’s an optical image stabilizer that helps to keep the camera steady from shaking hands; There’s a wider lens that lets 50% more light onto the lens; There’s a new lens that lets you get a sharper image; New sensor that’s 60% faster; New two-tone flash that has four more led lights and it’s 50% more light than ever before; There’s a new brain of the camera – It uses machine learning that automatically fixes color, exposure, focus, balance, noise reduction and it can fuse multiple photos to fuse them together to create the perfect picture; You can edit live photos now; You now do more complex editing by capturing saw camera API; There’s a new 7 mega pixel front camera (two more than before) for Face timing and more; The new iPhone 7 camera is now described as a “super computer” for photos.
The iPhone 7 PLUS has two 12 mega pixel camera…TWO CAMERAS. You can go from 1x-10x with it’s new zoom feature. Now when you select the style of your picture in the camera app, there’s a new selection, “Portrait.” It has a depth effect feature that will allow you to shoot like a professional camera, faster, without losing sharpness, because it has face recognition. You can get this feature in a free software update with iPhone 7 users later in 2016.
5. Retina HD display: iPhone 7 and 7 plus will have a brighter display, wider color gamut, cinema standard, color management and 3D touch. There’s a new filter, and an update of ALL filters, AND an Instagram update so your pics look better than before.
6. Audio: New speakers are STEREO speakers! One is at the bottom and one is at the bottom and they put out twice the volume.
7. Ear Pods: They’re connecting the phone with lightening, which is wireless, so they’re removing the earphone jacks. Apple will be including special headphones and a charging adaptor in the box with your new iPhone. The iPhone 7 will be a wireless experience.
8. There’s a NEW product too — Apple Air Pods! They are wireless headphones; They only play when you’re ready to listen; They work with a single tap; They provide up to five hours of listening on a single charge; There’s a wireless charging station that has a battery and charger in it’s case; You can interchange between devices as well, whether it’s your watch or phone; There’s voice recognition in them;
9. Apple Pay: They’re including Felica, which is Japan’s version of Apple Pay and transit maps
10. Performance: A10 Fusion chip – 64 bit, four-core performance system making the phone faster than ever before; Faster graphics, especially for games and apps; Most powerful chip ever in a smartphone;
Gaming: there’s more environmental features and weather effects; wide color display; Oz Broken Kingdom will be a new game with all of these effects available in the app store
Battery life: The iPhone 7 has the longest battery life ever in a iPhone. There’s on average, one more hour on average if you’re transitioning from a 6 plus, and two more hours if you’re transitioning from a 6. There’s a complete line of accessories for the new iPhone 7.
Cost: $649; Silver gold, rose gold, black and jet-black; There’s 32GB, 128GB, 256 GB; jet-black comes in 128 & 256 GB; The iPhone 7 plus is $769 and comes in the same GB; Apple is also upgrading their GB on other iPhone’s too! Apple care has an iPhone upgrade program that you should
Availability: Orders are available Sept. 9 and will be shipping Sept. 16 in 28 countries; Then a week later, 30 more countries will have the iPhone 7 available; iOS 10 is available Sept 13; Air pods are $159 and are shipping in October.
HollywoodLifers, are you loving what Mac is selling?