For the first time since his arrest for assault with a deadly weapon, Chris Brown is speaking out. The singer maintained his innocence in a clip on ‘GMA’ Sept. 6, and insists he was set up by Baylee Curran. Watch here.
“I cannot wait until the truth comes to light about this incident because, you know, my character’s been defaced,” Chris Brown, 27, said in a video, provided to Good Morning America. “I’m glad that all my real supporters know me and know the truth. They’ll see the truth.”
— Good Morning America (@GMA) September 6, 2016
This interview comes just one week after Chris was arrested at his home after Baylee Curran called the cops and claimed he pulled a gun on her. Police surrounded the 27-year-old’s house for hours before he finally emerged, and he was eventually released from jail after posting $250,000 bail.
“There was a search that was done,” Chris’ lawyer, Mark Geragos, explained to ABC. “They went in and said that they had a description of a piece of jewelry. That jewelry was not found in the house. They went in, and [Baylee] said there was a gun. As far as I know, the gun was not found in the house.” Regarding surveillance footage from the house, he added, “There’s no Chris Brown waving a gun. Nothing.”
Mark also showed ABC the text message Baylee allegedly sent to her friend before calling 911, in which she reveals her plans to set the singer up. In the alleged message, which had previously been obtained by TMZ before it was authenticated, the former Miss California Regional promised to teach Chris a “lesson.”
Chris has continued to maintain his innocence all week long, and even proved he wasn’t letting the accusations get to him by releasing a new song called “What Would You Do?” just hours after being released from jail. He is expected to appear in court on Sept. 20.
HollywoodLifers, do you think Chris is innocent?