49ers tight end Bruce Miller was arrested on September 5 for allegedly attacking two men, including one elderly man, at a San Francisco hotel. Read on for the disturbing details.
UPDATE: “The San Francisco 49ers today announced they have released Bruce Miller,” the team said in a brief statement.
Bruce Miller, 29, allegedly attacked the two men on the morning of Labor Day, September 5, after having problems at his hotel the night prior. Bruce reportedly tried to check into the Marriott at San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf, but was told the hotel was full. He returned the next morning and knocked on guests’ doors.
When one man opened his door and told him he had the wrong room, Bruce allegedly attacked him viciously. His 70-year-old father rushed to his defense only for Bruce to allegedly punch him in the face, and break several of his bones, according to local KTVU. The 49ers star fled the scene. Bruce was later apprehended and arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, criminal threats and battery. It’s unclear what kind of weapon he was wielding. Both men were transported to the hospital; their condition isn’t known at this time.
The 49ers released a statement following Bruce’s arrest: “The San Francisco 49ers organization is aware of the media report regarding Bruce Miller,” Trent Baalke said. “We are gathering the relevant facts of this matter and will continue to monitor the situation.”
This isn’t Bruce’s only brush with the law. The former 49ers fullback was hit with a misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace in June 2015, and he pled “no contest” to that crime. He had been arrested in March 2015 on suspicion of spousal battery for pushing his then-fiancée to ground and breaking her phone.
HollywoodLifers, this story is still developing. We will keep you updated as more information comes in.