Donald Trump tweeted that he has offered Mike Pence the vice presidential slot, and he has accepted! The Indiana Governor will join the Republican presidential candidate as he challenges Hillary Clinton for the White House in November!
Welcome to the race for the White House, Mike Pence. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, 70, picked the 57-year-old Governor of Indiana to join him on his party’s ticket in the general election as vice president. And CNN claims he accepted the offer! With Trump almost certainly confirming the GOP nomination at the Republican National Convention on July 21, we’re going to be seeing him and Mike potentially win in November 2016, too.
Well, isn’t this something? Donald is scheduled to make his official announcement later today, on July 15. Mike is known as a staunch conservative and a man with tons of political experience. Not only is he a Governor, but he also served in the House of Representatives. Now, Donald will have Mike as his right hand man and help “Make America Great Again.”
I am pleased to announce that I have chosen Governor Mike Pence as my Vice Presidential running mate. News conference tomorrow at 11:00 A.M.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 15, 2016
Trump had considered many candidates throughout his contentious and controversial run for candidacy. As of Wednesday, July 13, that massive, teasing list had been narrowed down to about three candidates: New Jersey governor Chris Christie, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and the Indiana governor. Looks like Mike won! Alabama senator Jeff Sessions was also being considered, though was not getting as much fanfare as the other three.
Trump told the New York Times on Tuesday, July 13, six days before the Republican National Convention begins, that he would release his VP pick “over the next three-to-four-day period of time.” He said that going with his “gut” would play a large part in the deciding factor.
HollywoodLifers, do you like Trump’s VP pick? Tell us in the comments!