Congrats are in order! Defending champion Miki Sudo gets to hold onto her pink championship belt after eating 38 wieners and winning the women’s division of the annual July Fourth hot dog eating contest. To find out more about Miki, keep reading!
Can you believe Miki Sudo scarfed down 38 1/2 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes to claim the championship title?! We’d barely be able to eat 5, let alone 38 1/2! Miki is a beast, and we mean that in the best way possible. Find out more about her, here!
We came up with a list of five things to know about Miki, which you can see below. Trust us, this woman is very interesting.
1. This is the third year in a row that Miki has claimed the championship. And each time she wins, she’s awarded $10,000, according to Tucson.com.
2. Miki Sudo is just 30 years old.
3. She ate 4 1/4 more hot dog than previous champion Sonya “Black Widow” Thomas, 48, of Alexandria, Virginia. Sonya held the title every year until Miki bested her in 2014. Since then, Sonya has been Miki’s biggest competition.
4. Miki was born in New York to a Japanese father and American mother.When she was 5, she moved to Japan with her family, and lived there for seven years before returning to the United States.
5. In 2014, she ate 34 hot dogs. In 2015, she ate 38. And this year, she ate 38 1/2! Perhaps during next year’s contest, she’ll eat 40 or more!
Miki seems unstoppable! We still can’t believe she ate 38 1/2 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. That almost seems impossible. Good for her, though! What an inspiration.
HollywoodLifers, are you surprised Miki ate 38 1/2 hot dogs and buns?! Tell us below!