It’s all your fault, Nick! The singer opened up about initiating the Jonas Brothers’ split during an interview on ‘WWHL’ June 14, and admitted that the situation really took a toll on his family. Watch to find out how they got past the challenging time!
Nick Jonas, 23, had to have one of the hardest conversations of his life when he told Kevin and Joe Jonas that he didn’t want to be part of the Jonas Brothers anymore. It all went down in 2013, and during his interview on Watch What Happens Live June 14, he revealed just what the family went through during that time. Watch here!
“I [initiated it]. It was a very tough conversation,” Nick told host Andy Cohen. “It left the family a bit shaken up for a little while.” The JoBros shocked fans in Oct. 2013 when they announced that they were going to be breaking up…just TWO days before they were set to hit the road on a comeback tour.
Luckily, everything has worked out for the best. “We’re good now,” the 23-year-old revealed. “I have a beautiful niece. [Kevin] has made a family and [has] an app company he’s working on. Joe’s band DNCE is doing very well. It’s good for everybody and it’s good it happened because I think we all grew from it, but it was very challenging for a little while.”
Meanwhile, Nick is having, arguably, his best year yet: After splitting from Olivia Culpo last spring, he bounced back with his new album, Last Year Was Complicated, and is about to hit the road with Demi Lovato on a massive tour.
During the interview, Nick also dished about his dating life — he’s still single, guys — and admitted he doesn’t have a “type” when it comes to women. Yup, he’s all about personality first and foremost, ladies! BRB, going to listen to LYWC on repeat…
Are you shocked about these new details regarding the JoBros split, HollywoodLifers?