Jennifer Lopez is in the middle of her Las Vegas Residency and thousands of fans get to see her incredible body on stage almost every night! We have workout tips from her personal trainer for you to get a similar booty this summer!
Jennifer Lopez, 46, and her famous derriere have been #goals for nearly two decades! Her toned butt even gave her a hit song: Booty! Find out how she keeps her curvy shape and how you can tone up for summer in just a few minutes a day right here!
Read the following tips from trainer David Kirsch, who has worked with J-Lo as well as other stars like Kate Upton and Heidi Klum.
“For best results when doing exercise centered around your lower body, put your brain in your butt! To shape a better butt, place the focus and energy there and not in your quadriceps, lower back, or knees,” David says.
“This is one of my favorite signature moves. You may look and feel silly while doing it, but if you nail the form, you will target your inner thighs and the lower half of your butt.
1. Start in a plié squat position with your hands on your hips and your thighs parallel to the floor.
2. Stay engaged in the plié squat as you waddle forward, stepping the left foot in front of the right, then the right foot in front of the left. Keep your knees out and aligned with your toes, your weight on your heels, and your butt sticking down and out throughout the exercise. Take five total steps forward, then reverse. That’s one rep. Repeat five times.”
Jennifer Lopez’s Butt Workout — Exercise Tips From Her Trainer
Reverse Crossover Lunge to Lateral Lunge:
“1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands on your hips. Step your right leg back and behind your left leg and lunge, almost as if curtsying.
2. Reverse to return to the starting position.
3. Step your right leg out to the side laterally, without pausing. Step into your right heel, keeping the right knee aligned with the heel. Your anchor leg should be in a ninety-degree angle. Keep your hips, heels, and knees forward and aligned. Repeat, but step your left leg back. That’s one rep. Perform fifteen reps (or fifteen lunges on each side).”
Single Leg Deadlifts:
“Tone and sculpt your inner thighs while shaping your butt with this balance-challenging exercise.
1. Start with your feet shoulder-width apart (1a). Balancing on your right leg, bend at the waist and reach your left hand down to your right foot (1b); extend your left leg straight behind you (1c).
2. Keep both hips square (i.e., facing down) during the movement. Return to the starting position. That’s one rep. Perform fifteen repetitions on each leg.”
“This challenging plyometric exercise is sure to blast your legs and glutes, while revving up your heart rate and boosting your metabolism.
1. Stand with your feet under your hips. Take a large step forward with your right foot. Sink down into a lunge, forming right angles with both legs.
2. Spring upward, launching both feet off the floor, and switch positions with your legs so your left foot is in front and your right leg is behind. Land and sink down into another lunge. Alternate your legs, completing fifteen repetitions on each side.”
Sumo Lunge to a Side Kick with a Squat Jump:
“This is probably one of my most well-known (and challenging) exercises. It’s martial arts plus plyometrics and it equals a total thigh, hips, and butt blast. Here’s how it works:
1. Stand in a “sumo” position with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, knees bent, and body weight over your heels.
2. Take a large step sideways with your right leg, bringing your right knee in toward your chest and then over to the right (2a) in one continuous movement.
3. As soon as your right foot touches the ground, bring your knee back into your chest and complete a side kick, kicking your right heel out to the side.
4. Lower your right leg to the floor, returning to sumo position. Squat down while keeping the weight in your heels and stick out your butt. Keep your knees directly above — not in front of — your toes.
5. Spring up while thrusting your arms overhead. Land on your heels, rolling forward onto your toes. Repeat with a sumo lunge and side kick with your left leg and another squat jump. Continue alternating right and left until you have completed fifteen lunges on each side and thirty squat jumps.”
Are you going to do this workout for a high, tight butt like J-Lo?