Doug Stanhope might be a name you’ll soon be hearing a lot more of, and that’s because he claims to be Johnny Depp’s friend. And he recently wrote a column, accusing Amber Heard of lying about her recent abuse accusations. But who exactly is HE? Find out here!
Doug Stanhope, who is a comedian, recently wrote a column, explaining that he and his girlfriend, Bingo, had watched Amber Heard “manipulate and f–k with [Johnny Depp] for years.” Doug also believes Amber’s domestic abuse claims are actually blackmail. Of course, Doug Stanhope is probably a name you’ve never heard before — so you may be asking yourself, why should I believe him? Well, let us tell you a little bit more about him and his relationship with Johnny, and then, you can make your own conclusion.
1. Doug and Johnny met sometime in 2014, while he was filming Mortdecai in London. Johnny had seen one of Doug’s stand-up comedy shows online and loved it, so he contacted Doug with the intent of doing some sort of project together. That never happened, but Johnny did invite Doug and his girlfriend, Bingo, to London, where they spent time with him and Amber, according to an interview with Howard Stern.
2. During their two-week stay in London (allegedly paid for by Johnny), Doug and Bingo had dinners and partied at the actor’s place. Johnny even asked if they wanted to stay at his house in Plan de la Tour for a vacation afterwards, but they politely declined, Doug told Howard.
3. Interestingly, Doug couldn’t remember Amber’s name, when he interviewed with Howard Stern. Instead, he called her, “Amanda Heard.” But yet in the column he wrote for The Wrap on May 29, he said he knew her well enough to see she was “threatening to lie about [Johnny] publicly in any and every possible duplicitous way if he didn’t agree to her terms.”
4. Also in his column, Doug claims he and Bingo were at Johnny’s house for most of that Saturday, May 21, until just before the alleged assault, but Amber never mentioned his name when she described that day’s events.
5. According to a blog entry, describing Doug’s interview with Howard, Doug and Bingo have been together for at least 9 years. Interestingly, they said they are “into lots of drinking and prescription drugs” — at one point during the interview, Doug mentions cocaine. They rarely have sex and aren’t that interested in it, but if they wanted it, they wouldn’t be opposed to letting the other cheat. Bingo has said she’s “somewhat mentally ill and is on medication.” She also said she drinks while taking her medication.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you believe Doug Stanhope? Tell us below.