The Billboard Music Awards are just around the corner on May 22, but we can hardly wait that long! This year’s big show is going to have some insane moments, from Britney Spears opening with a huge medley to Madonna’s Prince tribute! See the 5 moments we’re most excited for, here.
The 2016 Billboard Music Awards are going to be a doozy! Britney Spears, 34, is going to be opening the show with a major medley of all of her classics and Madonna, 57, will be paying tribute to Prince with a special performance. Here are 5 of the biggest moments you won’t want to miss on May 22.
1. Britney’s Big Opening. BritBrit’s going to perform a “kick-ass medley” of her greatest hits, says Mark Bracco, an executive producer of the show to Billboard. “It’s going to be her with a couple dozen dancers, plus costume changes, and she’s going to walk through her catalog,” he says. But there won’t be any cameos. “When you have Britney, you don’t need anyone else.”
2. Kesha Takes The Stage. Kesha’s alleged rapist Dr. Luke tried to put the kibosh on her performance for fear of her calling him out on stage, but luckily the show will go on! Keep an eye out for an awesome performance and major drama.
3. Adele Drops Her New Video. Adele’s music video for her new single “Send My Love (To Your New Lover)” will get it’s big debut on May 22 during the show. Keep an eye out, it’s sure to be explosive!
4. Madonna’s Prince Tribute. Madge will be paying homage to the tragically deceased music icon on the big night. The performance is very special to the Queen of Pop. “She has been very involved in how it will be presented,” Mark says. “It will be one of the emotional highlights of the show.”
5. Celine Dion’s Big Return. Celine has been out of the limelight since the tragic passing of her husband Rene Angelil earlier this year, but she’s coming out for the BBMAs. She’s receiving an Icon Award, and we can’t wait for her to show off her iconic pipes!
HollywoodLifers – what are you most excited for? Share your thoughts with us!