Being a woman can be hard, but it can also be empowering and rewarding, as we have seen from stars like Taylor Swift and Chrissy Teigen. Whether you’re cradling an award like Taylor or a baby like Chrissy, here are 10 times women have thrived and prospered in the last year.
We’ve teamed up with Philosophy to share some moments where celebs remind us: #DontForgetToBreathe! See our top moments below!
1. After Kanye West dissed Taylor Swift, she cleaned up by winning 3 Grammy Awards at the 2016 show. In her acceptance speech, she said: “And as the first woman to win Album of the Year at the Grammys twice, I want to say to the young woman out there, there are going to be people along the way who try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame. But if you just focus on the work and you don’t let those people sidetrack you, someday when you get where you’re going, you will look around and you will know it was you and the people who love you who put you there, and that will be the greatest feeling in the world.”
2. Coldplay was the headliner at the 2016 Super Bowl, but Beyonce stole the show with her rousing performance of “Formation.” She always commands the stage and stands up for what she believes in!
3. Chrissy Teigen proved to be the chicest pregnant woman ever this year! Rocking sexy, form-fitting looks while making the awards show circuit, she proved becoming a mom doesn’t mean you have to lose yourself.
Girl Power & Celebrities — Celebs We Love That Remind Us To Take A Deep Breath
4. Newcomer Brie Larson‘s 2016 Oscar win was inspiring and amazing.
5. Similarly, we will never forget when Jennifer Lawrence FELL while walking up the stairs to accept her Oscar: both women showed grace under pressure and the ability to laugh at themselves.
6. Kylie Jenner, only 18, is in the midst of building a super successful cosmetics empire. However you feel about the family, the Kardashian and Jenner sisters have all become entrepreneurs. Kylie basically “broke the internet” when her Lip Kits first launched in November 2015. Since then, every time her cosmetics get re-stocked on her website, they sell out in minutes.
7. Gwen Stefani made history when she performed the first LIVE music video at the Grammys. She has been thinking outside the box and pushing boundaries since the beginning of her career.
8. Though Serena Williams missed out on her calendar year Grand Slam by thismuch, she’s proven herself by being ranked number one in the world in women’s tennis on six separate occasions!
9. When the “Fab Five” won a gold medal in the women’s team gymnastics competition at the 2012 Olympics, they inspired a whole new generation of girls all around the world.
10. Finally, Hillary Clinton running for President. She could become the first elected leader of the United States — and that could be a huge step forward for women in all countries.