He’s the young Han Solo! Alden Ehrenreich plays the coveted role of the beloved character in the ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story.’ So, who is Alden? Here’s everything you need to know!
Alden Ehrenreich, 28, is the guy you need to know everything about right now. The young actor plays the young version of Harrison Ford’s Han Solo in the highly-anticipated Solo: A Star Wars Story. Alden is one of Hollywood’s rising stars, and you’ve definitely seen him before in some really big roles!
1. He made his feature film debut in 2009! Alden is still an up-and-coming actor in Hollywood, and his star power continues to rise with every role. He made his feature film debut in Francis Ford Coppola’s Tetro in 2009. He also co-starred alongside Emmy Rossum, Emma Thompson, Viola Davis in the 2013 film Beautiful Creatures.
2. He was the breakout star of Hail, Caesar! Despite being in a film with George Clooney and Channing Tatum, it was Alden who made the biggest statement in the 2015 film. His character, who was a singing cowboy, stole the show!
3. He was discovered by Steven Spielberg. Alden was discovered by legendary director Steven Spielberg at a bat mitzvah. Yes, really. He had made a home movie for his friend, which played during the ceremony. Steven was in the crowd and took notice of Alden right away!
4. Alden auditioned for the roles of Peter Parker and Harry Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man movies. Alden could have been cast in one of the biggest superhero movies. He auditioned for Peter Parker, which eventually went to Andrew Garfield. He also tried out for Harry Osborn, but the role went to Dane DeHaan. But Alden’s got a pretty incredible role on his hands now, right?
5. He co-founded the theater group The Collectin. Alden went to New York University and co-founded The Collectin with friend Zoe Worth. The group is made up of actors, producers and directors who work together on films and theater work.