Uh oh! A new report says Anna Wintour was trying to proactively stop the selfie problem at the Met Gala on May 2, and may have totally dissed Kim Kardashian and Kanye West in the process. Here’s the scoop.
The Met Gala hasn’t even happened yet, and Anna Wintour, 66, might already be pissed at Kim Kardashian, 35, and Kanye West, 38. She’s allegedly mad that they took selfies last year after she explicitly told them not to, so on May 2 she issued a very stern warning not to turn their phones on themselves all night, according to a new report. We have the details, here.
“Anna Wintour sent a very specific letter to Kim and Kanye letting them know that they are forbidden from taking any selfies on the red carpet at this year’s Met Gala,” a source told Radar Online. Apparently she hasn’t forgotten that they explicitly ignored that rule in 2015. “Anna was so pissed off last year when Kim took selfies on the carpet that she let her know that she will not tolerate it this year.” .
“She told them that she does not want to see either of their phones out at all tonight!” the source continued. They better be careful, because it doesn’t sound like Anna is playing around. “If Anna sees that either Kim or Kanye take any selfies this year, neither of them will be invited back to the Met Gala next year.” You can get Kim’s game KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD, here.
So, are Kim and Kanye taking the alleged threat seriously? Another source tells Radar “Kanye thinks that it is just ridiculous and they are both still upset over Anna’s comments made about his fashion show.” Anna mocked Kanye’s Yeezy Season show at NYFW, saying she was “in tears” trying to escape. Kanye hasn’t forgotten the diss. “They are kind of scoffing at her requests.”
Luckily, Kim’s rep says that the reports are “false,” so we might be getting some Met Ball selfies after all!
HollywoodLifers – do you think Kim and Kanye will honor the “no selfie” rule? Share your thoughts with us.