With six studio albums underneath her belt, Beyonce is definitely at the top of her game. But before the verdict comes in on Lemonade, we want to honor the Queen by taking a look at some of her past amazing work.
Maybe you prefer pre “Sasha Fierce” Beyonce. Or maybe you’re partial to a married Yonce who loves singing about getting it on with Jay Z. Find out where your love of Beyonce, 34, ranks by checking out our countdown of five of her best albums (we’ll leave Lemonade out for now because it’s still too new). And if you disagree with our ranking, you can vote for your favorite below!
5. 4 (2011) – Besides the girl power anthem “Run the World” with the bumping dancehall beat, 4 was hardly Beyonce‘s best album. Perhaps it’s the semi-watered down pop sound. But we can handpick a few of our faves — “Party,” “Countdown,” and “Dance for You.”
4. Dangerously In Love (2003) – We consider this album, Beyonce‘s first post Destiny’s Child, as her preparing us for the magic she’s about to release into the world.
Vote For Your Favorite Beyonce Album
3. B’Day (2006) – This is the first time we see the multifaceted Beyonce we’re more familiar with — stunningly beautiful videos, amazing choreography and addictive lyrics. Make sure you’ve got your Freakum Dress on when dancing to this one.
2. I Am…Sasha Fierce (2008) – If we could go back in time and prepare ourselves for the raw fierceness that Beyonce brought in 2008, we would!
1. Beyonce (2013) – We’ll never forget the day we woke up to this unexpected and earth-shattering album. With a hip-hop and R&B feel, videos that ooze sex and Queen Bey’s unapologetically raunchy vocals, this is by far her best. It’s like a prequal to Lemonade, if you will.
HollywoodLifers what do you think of our list? Vote for your favorite and let us know!