Thanks to John Stamos’ smoking hot new fiancee, the ‘Fuller House’ actor is officially off the market! But John’s lady, Caitlin McHugh, is WAY more than just a pretty face. In fact, we’re pretty sure you’ve seen her work before.
1. Caitlin, just like John, is a Hollywood actor. In addition to acting, Caitlin McHugh, 31, is also a model. But she’s more well known for her TV and movie gigs. Her most noteworthy project so far was playing Sloan on the CW hit, The Vampire Diaries. Recognize her now? Caitlin appeared in four of the show’s episodes during 2014, but then went on to play Royce in the TV series Switched at Birth. But that’s not all Caitlin has done in showbiz. She’s also made appearances in the film I Am Legend starring Will Smith, the TV series Castle, and — get this — she was in an episode of Law & Oder: Special Victims Unit back in 2011, which just so happened to be the same episode John starred in. Coincidence? We think not! Looks like these two have known each other for QUITE a while!
2. Caitlin is completely obsessed with all things Disney — in the cutest way possible! Caitlin’s Instagram page is filled with pics of the actress enjoying Disney memorabilia as well as tbt photos of her running through the park. She’s even admitted on the social media site that Disney is one of her “favorite things.” Aw! We love that she has such a fun-loving spirit.
3. She’s a self-proclaimed nerd who digs Star Wars and Pokemon. Not only is Caitlin a Disney fanatic, but she’s also SUPER into things like Comic Con and all things Star Wars. She has oodles of photos with Chewbacca, Yoda, and even one hilarious pic where she’s dressed as Pikachu surrounded by other dressed up fans. She captioned her Insta #TheNerdiest. And during 2015’s Comic Con, she even slept outside on the concrete in order to snag a special guest past to the Star Wars Concert For the Fans. She was ecstatic when she received a free light saber. Talk about dedication!
4. Caitlin has many hobbies — including playing the ukulele! Caitlin may be a nerd at heart, but she’s also wickedly talented — and we’re not even talking about acting. This girl is certainly a triple threat as she sings AND plays the ukulele of all things! Not to mention, she’s pretty darn good. Maybe she uses those mad musical skills to serenade John?
5. She is a total dog lover. Not only does Caitlin have her own furry friend — an adorable black pup named Lilo — but she is also a huge advocate for adoption. She’s even a pup foster parent and has helped save puppy’s lives by finding them homes. How amazing is that?
Seriously, does Caitlin sound like the coolest girl around or what? It’s easy to see why John scooped her up. Heck, even WE are girl crushing hard on her.
So tell us HollywoodLifers, what do you think about Caitlin and John as a pair?